Search results

1. R

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

I would have kept the miniDSP if they would have added support for DLBC.
  2. R

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

No issues. In addition to gain settings and (optional) LP/HP filter PEQ settings, MSO will produce delays for each subwoofer and this will compensate for any delays induced by daisy-chaining to the 10x10. I had a similar setup with an SHD and a 2x4 HD with 4 subs (and using MSO) a while back...
  3. R

Volume Control / Dirac / DAC Timing

Presuming you’ll use SPDIF 1/2 to your first DAC, and SPDIF 3/4 to your second, you won’t have any timing issues because the SHD Studio will be acting as clock master. As far as digital attenuation, it won’t be a problem at all as the SHD Studio is a 32 bit device. I’d go with option #1 for...
  4. R

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Ascend sells the CMT-340 SE2 either as a pair or as a single (center) speaker. I bought a pair for 2 channel listening. They don’t have much bass below 80 hz but they’re flat down to 90 hz and blend well with my subs.
  5. R

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Sorry for a bit OT but if you’re looking for an $800 true 92dB bookshelf with published measurements, check out the Klippel designed Ascend CMT-340 SE2
  6. R

New AIYIMA MM/MC Phono Preamplifier

Banana plug maybe?
  7. R

Dirac Live Exclamation Mark issue

If you can, perform a single measurement and save it to disk. Then shutdown/restart Dirac and this time don’t take any measurements but instead reload the saved measurement from disk. Then re-perform the measurement to override the previous measurement. The problem sounds like an uninitialized...
  8. R

Dirac Live Bass Control coming to Dirac Live Stereo This YEAR!!

I didn’t have any licensing issues installing and running on both Windows and Mac. I didn’t try running both at the same time however.
  9. R

Dirac Live Bass Control coming to Dirac Live Stereo This YEAR!!

I’m a long-term Windows developer but have been frustrated with Windows for audio applications. I purchased DLBC and initially installed on Win 11. Finally gave up and bought my first-ever Mac, an M2 mini. I run Roon core, Dirac with DLBC (stereo with 4 subs), and uBACCH on the (headless) Mac. I...
  10. R

Topping PA5 fix - D01 Module Replacement for everyone

Note that the PA5 II is a newer model than the original PA5. Changes were made to mitigate the reliability problems in the original and, although it’s early days, there have not been any significant reliability problems reported in the PA5 II to date.
  11. R

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE - RIAA mode measurements

As mentioned in the user guide, Make sure your rca to xlr adapters have pin 3 connected to ground.
  12. R

PrimaLuna Dialogue Seven Tube Amp Review

Ooohhh! I see a Knight Star Roamer shortwave radio. Always wanted one when I was a kid.
  13. R

Dirac Reviews

Dirac Live full range with DLBC, 2 channel, 4 subs A — Outstanding
  14. R

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

Your method is a good one! If you prefer to turn down the volume, your subconscious is giving you a negative impression of that amplifier. So your indirect confirmation answer is right there in your question and it’s telling you that of the two, your preference is for the LA90. As to missing...
  15. R

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

An amplifier with higher distortion can sound more detailed (less dull and hazy) due to the higher amplitude harmonics (distortion). Although the higher distortion amp may sound better over short listening intervals, it can become fatiguing over time.
  16. R

uBACCH now available for Windows

I have a similar setup except with a Mac configured as Roon -> uBACCH -> Dirac Live with DLBC -> RME ADI 2/4 Pro and running 4 subs. I’m amazed at how life-like the combination of Dirac with DLBC + uBACCH sounds. Subjectively, to my ears, the front wall of my listening room disappears and the...
  17. R

2.1 DSP System Without AVR?

A PC gives you the most flexibility. The downside is it also requires the most configuration. You can run any music player software you want. For me, I’m strictly stereo music listening. My setup (on a Mac) is Roon Server -> uBACCH XTC plugin -> Dirac with 2 input channels and 6 channels of USB...
  18. R

Dirac provides full room correction with bass control whereas RME has just 5 configurable PEQs per channel. Yes you can use REW to calculate your filter coefficients for the RME and this will improve your listening experience. But Dirac goes significantly beyond that performance and is much more...
  19. R

I use a Mac Mini M2 running Roon and Dirac Live with Bass Control (DLBC). USB connection to a RME ADI 2/4 Pro DAC with 2 mains and 2 subs (2.2 setup). Umik-1 here also.
  20. R

KEF LS50 Meta Review (Speaker)

Yes, I do hear what could be described as a “metallic glaze” with the LS-50 Metas. The only other speakers I’ve had in my room that also had this characteristic were the Focal Aria 906 and especially the Revel M126-BE. I’d describe it as a very high frequency resolution. I find it to be...
Top Bottom