Search results

1. S

Multi-channel Signal Routing: analog vs digital

My company has started nstalling and running setups with two niche conditions: A) multichannel audio from a computer to multiple amps to multiple speakers. Switching the input to a non-computer source is desired (eg. sometimes just have a stereo input from another source that goes out to all...
  2. S

Best way to mix/pre-amp four lavalier mics (and how to duplicate the mic's output pre-mixer)?

Based on my small amount of research I'd need to convert the 3.5mm input to XLR. This converter scales phantom power down to plug-in power: This one doesn't convert phantom power and is less expensive. Apparently, using this adapter with phantom power on is dangerous so it'd have to be turned...
  3. S

Easy way to duplicate a 1/4" mono cable's signal to both channels of a stereo (trc) 1/4" cable?

Are there adapters for this? I guess I could do it by putting one of these into one of these. Just wondering if there's another way.
  4. S

stress test problem: amp not outputting sound. Re-plugging the input fixes this

I've set up an installation with my company where the computer outputs sound through a 6ch audio interface into three 2ch audio switches into three 2ch amps into 6 speakers. The computer gets reset often while the amps remain on. Sometimes, there is no sound from one of the amps (speaker pairs)...
  5. S

Is it OK to externally cut the power on an audio interface (and what about more amps)?

I have a setup where I may want to have the computer going out to an audio interface with 8 outputs, and putting these outputs into amps. Since it's for an installation that needs to be easy to power on-off for the staff, it'd be ideal to be able to have one power breaker for everything except...
  6. S

Is it worth trying to split S/PDIF output (and what do I need to do so?)

I'm looking for an affordable audio interface with 6ch output. Some interfaces, like the KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 have their outputs 5/6 come out through one S/PDIF jack. I've never used S/PDIF, but apparently I need a "compositie video rca connector" or "digital audio coaxial rca connector" to use them...
  7. S

Recommendations for a 6-8ch power amp and audio interface?

Hello, I want to output 6-channel audio from a computer to 6 ceiling-mounted pendant speakers. For the speaker, I'm considering the JBL Control 65 P/T, which has a power capacity of so, if I'm not mistaken, I need to connect the computer to an audio interface with 6+ch output and then each of...
  8. S

Frequency Response / Range

Hello, I'm looking at some specs for a Bose speaker: Does this mean that frequencies in the range 58-78Hz and 16k-18kHz are up to 10dB quieter than the input? (Whereas the frequencies in between are within +-3dB amplitude accuracy?) Specs for another Bose speaker had the same format, but used...
  9. S

Amp recommendations (Passive ceiling speaker) recommendation?

UPDATE: So we're thinking of using the Bose FS2P, which is 16 watt. So I'd want a 6channel amp with not much more than 16x6=96 watt. Any recommendations? Hello, I'm working on a project where we'll have 6 speakers suspended above a bar countertop. We're planning to have 6-channel spatialized...
Top Bottom