Search results

1. F

Why people still use tube amps when there are plenty of tubes already used in the making of music

I saw a very expensive headphone amp looks like this recently and I don't get why people love tube amps so much. Popular opinion is they added unique "tube sound" or some harmonic/intermodulation distortion in the music so there's more "warmth" in the sound and also sometimes because they...
  2. F

Why are you still buying expensive premium gears when cheap stuff does the same

A $200 DAC can do almost everything you want in a common playback system. Amplifiers that have enough power and distortion cost less and less, too. Why spend $1K on IEMs when a random Chinese brand can almost outperform most of them under $50? Expensive streamers, CD transport and DAPs are well...
  3. F

What kind of DAC product would excite you again?

At least people in this forum believe DAC is a problem that has already been solved. If you see it as a tool for converting audio signals from digital to analog world, then I don't think there will be a DAC that can excite anyone again. Can you imagine being excited about a new screwdriver or a...
  4. F

How to do level match with headphone as load

Previously I used to level match my audio electronics by using a multimeter directly on the other end of the audio cable. My multimeter is capable of measuring a 1000Hz signal, less expensive multimeters may only be capable of measuring up to 400Hz but that doesn' matter. I play a sine sound...
  5. F

What IEMs do you consider significantly better than the beloved Truthear Zero IEMs?

I'm quite new to IEMs and like some of you I begin my journey from truthear zero, 70 dollar IEMs that I really like. I was just wondering where to go next. As I find using IEMs can be very convenient in work and life so I've decided to increase my number of IEMs within reach. I bought some...
  6. F

Why DA/AD diff tests not getting the attention it deserves in measurements

Many of you might know well about the famous DA-AD loopback tests from Gearslutz by didier.brest. The goal is to test how much a music file will change by going through one DA-AD loop using a particular audio interface. People contribute their recordings using their own device, then didier.brest...
Top Bottom