Search results

1. T

Properties of speakers that creates a large and precise soundstage

It is in this post :): https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/properties-of-speakers-that-creates-a-large-and-precise-soundstage.48542/page-29#post-1772324 Thank you! a) makes sense b) I compared my results with both the LS50 Meta measurements by Armir (and they do not...
  2. T

Sorry, I replied without noticing my original post was merged here :facepalm: https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/properties-of-speakers-that-creates-a-large-and-precise-soundstage.48542/post-1772324 At 75db\ SPL (green B&W 805; red LS50) - might be a cross-over problem? (20...
  3. T

Hello again! One more question When is distortion really audible? I’ve been thinking about those ~10% at 3,5khz on the graph of the first post.
  4. T

Thank you! Even if I listen and EQ at both the Main Listening Position? The measurement you are refering too are these one right?
  5. T

Hello, I temporarily received a pair of KEF LS50 Metas at home to try out (I currently have a pair of Bowers & Wilkins 805 Nautilus). The biggest difference I felt was the LS50's clarity and imaging capabilities (voices are clearly defined across the sound stage). If this made sense to me...
  6. T

Parts for Salon 2s?

I have the opposite experience with Bowers & Wilkins (in Portugal/Spain/UK). Not only they are very fast replying to my emails, as I was always able to buy spares for discontinued models. I recently bought a tweeter for my 805N within days (even though the speakers are 20 years old)
  7. T

Budget Standalone "Toslink > DSP > Toslink" with Camilladsp. Set up instructions for newbies.

Hi, I am only checking this now. A few additional notes: 1. On Windows, that board only activated the Toslink OUT in a specific USB port (I can't understand why) 2. Some content in my TV (Philips OLED 706) is not "accepted" by this board (but is accepted by my E50 DAC) - e.g. via Netflix I get...
  8. T

CamillaDSP User Interface Alternatives

It's Moode (tested as you said) - I would say it is not possible to "deactivate it". I will wait for your config file :)
  9. T

CamillaDSP User Interface Alternatives

I tried to install it on a RPi4 running Moode, but I am getting this error (probably I am missing something): pi@pi4:~ $ sudo node index.js CamillaNode is running on port 80... events.js:291 throw er; // Unhandled 'error' event ^ Error: listen EADDRINUSE: address already in use...
  10. T

New set of graphs for all speakers reviews

Hello, Can we export the measurements data to use it as a “target/house curve” in REW? Thanks
  11. T

Topping PA5 & E50 + Bowers Wilkins 805 & Complex room (+RePhase, A07, Rotel, Up/Front, Toe-in)

Hello again, I need help to understand this: I was EQing in a separate way (i.e. measure and EQ left, then the same thing with right, both with same target SPL), but now I've EQ together (i.e. same filter on both channels) and got better results :oops: 1. EQ-TOGETHER-harman (green) vs...
  12. T

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

It makes sense and I’ve tried that using this thread (https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/budget-standalone-toslink-dsp-toslink-with-camilladsp-set-up-instructions-for-newbies.30830/) But my Philips OLED TV does not work great in pair with that TOSLINK USB adapter (only...
  13. T

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

Hi, Are you able to: 1) Apply CamillaDSP to Bluetooth (TV -> Bluetooth in RPI4 -> CamillaDSP -> USB DAC -> Speakers )? 2) If so, do you have any lag? I am using Moode in my RPI4, but I am unable to apply CamillaDSP to the Bluetooth stream Thank you
  14. T

Topping PA5 & E50 + Bowers Wilkins 805 & Complex room (+RePhase, A07, Rotel, Up/Front, Toe-in)

A few updates! I got a Dirac trial, and did a REW vs Dirac comparision :D It's impressive how DIRAC was able to get the bass "stable" starting at 28hz! The sound from DIRAC is more detailed (we can notice here that there is more "treble") and heterogeneous, but I get a better center imaging...
  15. T

That can explain what I feel (like headphones when listening very close ~1meter; but with some lack of sharpeness/focus when listening away). Why do you think that about this speaker? Are all bookshelfs not "far-field"? I ask that because: 1) the measurements, with eq, "are not bad" (but I...
  16. T

Thank you! Don't subwoofers usually have a cut-out at around 100hz? I am "happy" with the response from 30h-120hz (the problem seems to be after that - 120hz until 400hz :) )
Top Bottom