Search results

1. SoundsGood2Me

"Premium" USB & Ethernet cables?

Thank You! THIS is real world experience, not fantasy.
  2. SoundsGood2Me

THANK YOU GXALAN!!! This is EXACTLY some real world quantification. And thanks to Amirm for his due diligence.
  3. SoundsGood2Me

Thanks Everyone for all your time and thoughts. Honestly it's about what I expected! Appreciate it!
  4. SoundsGood2Me

G'Day Punter - YOURS IS THE BEST ARGUMENT I'VE HEARD. Thank you for all your effort.
  5. SoundsGood2Me

G'Day Folks! Long time lingerer, I rarely post, but I'd love an opinion. I've subscribed to Stereophile my whole life and just got April. While the written reviews tend to be an advertisement for the product, John Atkinsons' measurements are what drew me to this mag and quite possibly got me...
  6. SoundsGood2Me

Antelope Amari Measurements

mazing Testing Sir! Thank You.
  7. SoundsGood2Me

Subwoofer Comparison

G'Day SweetChaos! Hey I just wanted to say thanks for this cheat sheet - this info is EXACTLY what I came here for, and I was worried it wouldn't be readily available and I'd be wading for days. Think I'm gonna bite the bullet on a captivator even though my room is only 12' x 20'. Can always...
  8. SoundsGood2Me

Standards for Audio Electronics Measurements?

THANK YOU AMIRM Go Get 'em
  9. SoundsGood2Me

Marantz Cinema 70s AVR Review

Thank You Amirm! It's amazing seeing you shame a whole engineering department. It's obvious they're not about performance, but when you have 100s of different coding/compatibility standards shoved down your throat I guess this is what you get. We passed peak "humanness" in engineering with...
  10. SoundsGood2Me

Schiit KARA Preamp and Headphone Amp Review

Thank You Amirm! Always a learning experience! I still think the Benchmark HPA4 takes best-of-show tho. But this thing is half the price!!! Good Times People....
  11. SoundsGood2Me

Sony Xperia 5 IV Audio Review

Thanks Amirim! I too had to go backwards in performance just to get a headphone jack, the Galaxy A52, and I agree the 21:9 ratio is infuriatingly dumb. The world finally settled on 16:9, 21:9 is as stupid as the constant updates I get so my emojis can dance. I honestly believe they do that...
  12. SoundsGood2Me

Pioneer VSX-LX505 AVR Review

Chicago Going to AXPONA soon Maybe see you there?
  13. SoundsGood2Me

Soundcraft Notepad 5 Audio Interface Review

Thanks Amirm! But it's $100 Pretty decent for something w/physical controls Volume knobs and their assembly don't come cheap. Appreciate all your measurements tho!!! You've Turned Me On several times now
  14. SoundsGood2Me

Pioneer VSX-LX505 AVR Review

Again, Thank You Amirm! I seem to say it more and more lately: "You don't know how good you got it, Till you experience Bad"
  15. SoundsGood2Me

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE - RIAA mode measurements

@Rja4000 - Well done! Thank You so much for your well detailed tests, that was a ton of work, and well written! And my RME-ADI2 Pro FS R is the Swiss Army knife of my system and I am VERY satisfied with the platform - MUCH bang for the buck and it sounds awesome. Please keep sharing!
  16. SoundsGood2Me

Is the Benchmark HPA4 still worth it these days?

My HPA4 was the upgrade path on my RME ADI-2pro and I've had no regrets. The ADI's balanced and headphone outputs can both operate at +24dBu which the HPA4 can accept, and now the HPA4's fully balanced stepped volume control can accept an un-digitally attenuated DAC signal and attenuate it in...
  17. SoundsGood2Me

CHORD Hugo TT2 Review (DAC & HP Amp)

Thanks Amirim - I detect a distinct distaste for Chord from you, hope you don't mind me pointing it out. ABSOLUTELY I AGREE, thanks to you as much as anyone, this shit just keeps getting better faster smaller and cheaper. Marketing is 50% of sales? Chord has to TALK BIG to get over the noise...
  18. SoundsGood2Me

CHORD M-Scaler Review (Upsampler)

Thanks Amirm, you point out the good, the bad, and the snake oil. And show us how to differentiate the three!
  19. SoundsGood2Me

ifi Zen Phono Review (phono stage)

Hey can anyone please explain why all the phono amps noise floors rise at lower frequencies? They all have that same tendency yet preamps and power amps don't do this. Aaaanyone?
  20. SoundsGood2Me

Luxman SQ-N150 Review (Tube Amplifier)

Thank You Amirm! You post so many good and even great measurements, It's nice to see the darkside, too. 60dB S/N was good enough for vinyl, God Bless CD for forcing everyone to 90dB. And I'm working with better than that (thanks to your help).
Top Bottom