Search results

1. bryan0101

Recommendation for all in one (DAC+preamp+amp stage) for DCA Expanse

Hi guys, I've been using the DCA expanse for awhile, currently the chain is Matrix x-sabre pro mqa->AHB2->zynsonix_headphone_switch. Fully balanced. It's clean and clear for sure, but it's alot to live with in my cubicle (now full time on site) I'm hoping if there is an all in one...
  2. bryan0101

JBL 4367 in the house

Been itching to setup the 4367 in the house, but with the delay in getting the cutting boards to setup the right size platform, I just couldn't wait and put it near field right in front of everything to try out. Behind it are the sopra n2 and klipsch forte iv, both are unbelievable high...
  3. bryan0101

Anyone has experience with JBL S3900 and S9900?

I am considering the next upgrade to be one of these 2 speakers. They are audiophile speakers, but deeply rooted in pro audio methodology. The 2" compression driver in S3900 vs the 4" in S9900 would probably my biggest consideration. The price is obviously ridiculous for s9900, and high...
  4. bryan0101

Would a USB->AES DDC benefit a USB capable DAC

Guys, A technical dilemma. I use full PC as source, for the longest time I use a Marian Seraph D4 Digital soundcard output digital AES to my EMM Labs DAC2x v2. One day I decided to just try the EMM labs USB driver and it sounded really nice, and using foobar plugin I can output all my FLAC...
  5. bryan0101

AKM new flagship AK4191 + AK4499EX

I just saw the SMSL has new flagship inplementing this new AKM combo. Below is the summary from goog, so can someone with expertise in this explain if this is just a gimmick (splitting into 2 chips like this)? And what is that signal from AK4191 going into AK4499EX? DSD, PCM or something else...
  6. bryan0101

Old desktop DAC(s) that has discrete / tube / transformer output stage and XLR

I'm hoping to get a older dac for my bedroom setup, which on its own has a bluetooth to spdif DDC, so I'm hoping to get a cheap older dac that output xlr, but has interesting output stage (anything beside opamp). USB is not needed. I used to have mhdt tube dac, it was sweet. So I'm just trying...
  7. bryan0101

The best DDC USB to SPDIF with UAC1 profile thats usable for PS5 and other consoles?

Would love to get some recommendations here. I was using the hdmi to carry the sound from a PS5 to an LG oled TV then toslink out from TV to dac. it was crap. (the rest of the chain is ridiculously highend, denafrips pontus II to vitus int amp) Then I got ahold of an old original musical...
Top Bottom