Search results

1. C

Balanced TRS to unbalanced RCA - conflicting information

I thought the note implied an optional connection between ring and sleeve rather than optionally connecting the ring which appears to always be connected to black. Is it the same thing?
  2. C

Is #11 the same? To me, it looks like #11 is connecting the ring on the TRS which isn't what miniDSP is doing. Is miniDSP's configuration not also connecting the grounds of devices given that the sleeves of both connectors are joined? Apologies if I'm misunderstanding how this stuff works (new...
  3. C

I noticed, my question is whether anyone can explain the benefits of using a 2 conductor cable especially when the shield is only connected at one end?
  4. C

miniDSP Flex

After receiving the balanced version of the Flex I've received conflicting information regarding TRS to RCA cables. I've created a post here for anyone who's interested or is able to offer some help.
  5. C

I have a MiniDSP Flex with balanced TRS outputs and I need to connect my SVS subwoofer which has an unbalanced RCA connector. MiniDSP's recommend cable is different from RANE's system interconnect diagram (configuration 10b in the diagram). Can anyone explain the benefits of using a 2...
Top Bottom