Search results

1. T

All I need is an iPad, Amazon Basic RCA Cables and an my old AMP

Everyone's needs are different. This is what makes this so challenging (and fun). And while it is true, support for your existing digital streaming solution may end in the future and force you to upgrade some items, for some of us, today we may have a 'good enough' solution using what we...
  2. T

I am currently using a Krell KSA 50 Amp and Audio Physic Virgo speakers and the paired Audio Physic sub woofer. I don't listen very loudly and find myself around 40-60% on the Apple Music volume slider. I've been reading up on using REW Watched a number of videos and read numerous articles on...
  3. T

Because I am using the 3.5mm jack and a 15ft Amazon Basics Cable, the iPad is in my lap on the sofa. I have total control Apple Music and volume at all times. It's awesome! I don't have to use an IR remotes or a second device...the 15 foot cable makes it all work and since the DAC is the...
  4. T

Rednaxela - I am using the 3.5mm audio jack and an Amazon Basic Cable (3.5mm to RCA) straight to my amp
  5. T

Rednaxela, Thanks for your comments. In regards to the Dongle - yes, the USB Dongle has a DAC/Preamp. However, if you have an older iPad/iPhone with a 3.5mm jack, the DAC that is being used is built into the iPad. In the very long thread on the USB Dongles there are some references to just...
  6. T

After several hours of reading threads on DACs, Cables, iPads and music services I've come to a conclusion that surprises me. The best electronic components I can buy, that I am able to objectively hear a difference in comprises of stuff already in my house... SOURCE - Apple Music Lossless -...
  7. T

DAC Advice

I appreciate all the thoughts. To clarify, Lossless is probably adequate; however, since Hi-Res Lossless doesn't cost any extra from Apple, I will run the Hi-Res format via the iPad lightning out to the DAC USB input. After more reading, I am realizing that I no longer need to use my pre-amps...
  8. T

DAC Advice

Majingotan, Thanks for the thoughts. I wonder how good the improvement will be from using the internal ipad DAC and 1/8 headphone jack? From what I am gathering, a basic Toppings 10s is going to produce the same sound quality, sound-stage and listening fatigue as any of the other more...
  9. T

DAC Advice

Exactly - two separate rooms in the house
  10. T

DAC Advice

Thanks for advice. I will need to read up on Wiim...for now I think Apple Lossless cant be done via wireless (yet)...needs to go from iPad lightning output straight to DAC :)
  11. T

DAC Advice

Two systems System A - TV / Listening - DAC A System B - Listening Only - DAC B
  12. T

DAC Advice

I need some help picking a DAC Background I have some old 2.1 stereo systems I want to update to stream Apple Music Lossless For reference, some of my audio equipment includes - Krell KSA-50, Krell Pre-Amp, Adcom GFA-555 monoblocks, Classe Audio DR-4 pre-amp, Densen DM-10 Integrated Amp...
Top Bottom