Search results

1. G

Shield SMSL SU-1 Powersupply (Nvidia Shield?)

If the su-1 is used I don't think it reclocks the signal internally I have another pro DAC that indeed reclocks the incoming digital feed The sound is very similar using any digital inputs
  2. G

Behringer Truth B2031A - how truthful is it? (review / modding)

Hi may I ask why an amp with pre outs instead of a preamp?
  3. G

About design philosophy _ are minimalists right or not ?

Hi thank you for the very interesting reply I like a lot this kind of aesthetic Very like industrial but attractive design Even if the best way to listen music is in complete darkness I understand that today extremely high power MOSFET are available Like 300w MOSFET Maybe a different...
  4. G

Hi wow this is electronic art at its best Just to be clear I admire deeply this type of units that could end the game To be perfectly honest I like a little more the two boxes solution with the Power supply separated from the amplification circuits But this is a complete control unit Very nice...
  5. G

Hi thanks a lot I am attaching the circuit i simulated It is just a gain block The recommended Vsupply is +60VDC but also with +48VDC the distortion spectrum of a 1kHz sine was very satisfying with a 2nd order harmonic at -90dB I used other bjts because i did not find the models of the...
  6. G

hi thanks a lot for the kind suggestion Did you enjoy its sound ? still using these days ? was the heat so high ? i have seen the old Pass Aleph 1 and i am surprised to see no ventilation holes in the box I am sure that with some big holes in the bottom and on top the temperature could...
  7. G

hi congratulations for your spectacular system this is the approach i love at least for speakers They are really really nice indeed Have you ever tried a solid state amplification with it ? for sure these speakers must be exceptionally revealing of any issue with the amplification i...
  8. G

hi thank you very much for this very helpful link I think i will try this for sure Considering the small power consumption and the low voltage a power supply based on batteries could be a very interesting option I am using small portable headphone amps powered by a battery to watch the TV...
  9. G

Clearly you are very right But being ignorant i am scared by complexity even if it amazes me All those parts on a board sometimes seem a work of electronics art I think that simulation softwares like LTSpice (that i understand is quite popular) are a very handy and powerful tool to get an...
  10. G

i see perfectly your point complex tasks require complex solutions Fine question is designing a line stage a complex task ?
  11. G

I think that all started reading this 1994 paper by Mr Nelson Pass https://www.passdiy.com/project/preamplifiers/bride-of-zen then i developed the feeling that slightly more complex circuits could even improve on the already very decent THD, the PSRR and lower the Zout of the BOZ project to...
  12. G

Hi almost zero education I have no hopes to design something from the scratch My approach is quite trivial I read many reviews of TOTL preamps When i find a consensus about a commercial unit i look for its schematic I skip the tone control section entirely and i focus the volume control and...
  13. G

Hi thank you very much I know very well the Bride of Zen design having had one years ago I remember it sounded fine Power supply needed some attention but nothing impossible Also the gain was a little too much for my needs making the volume control not easy like the a little high Zout around...
  14. G

hi and thanks again If low HD is important a single transistor is not a valid solution Moreover as you very well say the PSRR is very low and this fact makes the power supply design more challenging but of course still feasible The HD issue instead remains even if i guess it could be tamed...
  15. G

i am a little confused by comparison with other devices I cannot see the relation i understand that my doubt is very uncommon Who want something simple and with great performance tends to go with opamps and stop In favour of opamps i have seen them used inside very expensive units and TOTL of...
  16. G

thank you very much i was thinking to something much more basic that i have seen used in commercial old preamp vintage but TOTL at their times Units like Onkyo P303 Kenwood 700c Radford ZD22
  17. G

maybe it is one of the very few my certainties No tone controls
  18. G

yes I just like the idea of a universal line preamp able to drive very well different power amps while being true to the source Also to have a volume control can be handy
  19. G

i see many reasons not always related to objective performance Clearly only the last one is reasonable for me Improved performance :) i checked with a sweep test on headphones I hoped a better result this level of perfomance seems quite achievable I intend to simulate something soon...
  20. G

Hi yes but as i said at the beginning one good designer has designed a line stage using just one mosfet Another one has decided to use more than 20 active parts Why ? If i had to say something i think that just one active stage is not enough to get very low distortion But just with one...
Top Bottom