Search results

1. TSX

Can anyone tell what this error is?

My mom sent me this video. She has a Marantz M-CR611 (if I recall correctly) connected to a pair of Q Acoustics 3020. She tried an another pair of speakers, and it's the same. Everything worked fine until yesterday noon. Any ideas?
  2. TSX

Small speaker recommendation

Hi, I’m looking for a pair of small cheap passive speakers for my mother. She’s got a Marantz Melody something mini integrated with radio and cd player. The speakers are going to be placed on a storage unit under the tv, and we got approx 15~18cm of space. We could place the speakers...
  3. TSX

Why a low impedance speakers harder to drive?

Hi, I am wondering why low impedance speakers are harder to drive than high impedance speakers? If it takes, let's say, 50 Watt to drive a 8Ω speaker, why does it require more power to drive 4Ω speakers? It sounds counterintuitive Thanks!
  4. TSX

Lyngdorf TDAI 1120 compared to other amps?

I had to opportunity to try the Lyngdorf amp for a day at home. I was not overly impressed compared to what I read (and what I got already), but the sound was completely good enough for me. I tried to compare it to my current amp, which is a "cheap" DENON AVR-X1100W. By compare I mean changing...
  5. TSX

My hifi journey + what would you do?

This is gonna be a long(ish) one, so please bear with me. About 2 years ago, I had too much spare time (and money apparently? :facepalm:), so what better way to spend time (and money), than to upgrade my hifi system (which is hindsite was not necessary I guess). I've had my system since 2003 if...
  6. TSX

Not trying to be arrogant here, but who listens to this?

Topic for attention One of the main reasons I got into Roon was music discovery. Both genres I listen to already, but also new genres/artists. I fell over this music (on the radio but still) one day, and I’m presumable just not smart or sophisticated enough to understand the music. It sounds...
  7. TSX

Any high performance USB powered DAC's except for the...

I'm looking for alternative suggestions to Topping D10s. I'can't find any DAC's that measure as good, and is USB only (power AND signal from source in one cable). The DAC will be fed signal and power from a RP4 running Ropieee (Roon). Thanks!
  8. TSX

OK this is interesting: Sonos Play gen 1 vs KEF LS50 wireless 2

On Roon you can chance output device almost instantaneously and set volume on each device differently. I might be going totally “hifi” deaf, but there’s no big difference in sound except soundstage, where the KEF’s has an obvious wider soundstage. But overall there next to no audible difference...
  9. TSX

KEF LS50 Wireless 2 user experience

Hi, I’ve borrowed a pair this weekend from a local hifi dealer. They sound great and all, but I’m a bit reluctant to cashing out 3K so far. I’ve encountered a few quirks and issues already. I’m using Roon and streaming wireless. Here are some of the things I’ve already had to deal with. 1...
  10. TSX

Does the EX5 have a pure dac mode?

I can get a as new second hand EX5 for 200$ I’d like to know if it’s got a “pure DAC“ mode, where the preamp feature is completely bypassed, so the unit functions as a DAC only. The DX3 Pro+ has got this feature, but I can’t find it in the manual for the EX5. Any EX5 users that can confirm...
  11. TSX

Interesting response from a cable manufacture

Not quite the response most would expect I suppose, but honesty goes a long way in my world. I stumbled upon this (old) thread today: https://www.avforums.com/threads/qed-original-speaker-cable-directional.177452/post-1380417 The main topic is directionality of hifi (speaker) cables. QED is...
  12. TSX

Anyone using the Sabaj A20d 2022?

I’m wondering if it’s possibly to “disable” the volume status in the display, and only show sample rate and input? Thanks
  13. TSX

Amy real life experience with USB C DACS?

Hi I’m looking for a DAC, for my CD transport (only digital out). I’d also be using the USB input with my iPad M1. I ordered the Sabaj a10d 2022 (and cancelled the order), but to my surprise, some users are reporting errors when using a USB C cable. You have to use a converter to USB A...
  14. TSX

USB "isolator" - is it a Thing?

Hi everyone I’ve seen a few people on the interwebs claiming sound improvements when using a galvanic (or whatver it’s called) USB isolator/decoupler. My signal chain will be iPad (with USB C) -> Topping D10S DAC -> hifi system. The iPad is running on battery when connected to the DAC. I...
  15. TSX

You should all try this

https://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/ If possible try it over your high end hifi/phones, and toggle on/off the generator, with your eyes closed. I tried with my AKG phones direct in a 3.5mm output on a Lenovo laptop. (I’ll try again on my hifi, when I get settled in in our new house) I...
  16. TSX

Why would/should I pay more?

Hi everyone This is my first post here. I’ve been looking around for quite some time now, and read a lot of interesting threads. Very informative so far. Anyway. I’m in search of a DAC. My needs are rather simple. I have a Roon endpoint streamer (Argon Audio Solo), which has coaxial out (+...
Top Bottom