Search results

1. E

A-Weighted Noise Ordinance

So I was pretty bored and I decided to look up Boston's noise ordinance and I was struck by an apparent quasi-loophole. 16-26.1(c)(1) "Unreasonable or excessive noise shall mean noise measured in excess of 50 dBa between the hours of 11:00 p.m.. and 7:00 a.m.., or in excess of 70 dBa at all...
  2. E

SOLD: Pair of Tang Band W8-1772 8" "Full Range" Drivers

Selling a pair of Tang Band W8-1772s for $250 OBO + shipping. I bought them a few years ago as part of my (ignorant) entry into "good" audio, but I massively overestimated my cabinet fabrication abilities in a small apartment. They're now sitting in a pair of 8" car subwoofer cabinets (with...
  3. E

Active Nearfield Surround System - Advice Appreciated

I'm in the somewhat early stages of building out a surround sound system for my apartment, and I figured making a thread for feedback/suggestions/advice is probably a better idea than just going at it solo. I live in a fairly small apartment (living room is ~10.5'x13' with my desk area taking up...
  4. E

SOLD!!!: JBL Studio 580 (Pair) - Boston area

Selling my JBL Studio 580s because my new apartment is way too small. Both speakers are less than a year old and in perfect working condition, but one of them has some moderate cosmetic damage (purchased as B-stock from JBL directly). $400 OBO for the pair, local pickup only.
  5. E

Cheap tweeters with ultrasonic extension?

I work for a university's electrical and computer engineering department, and one professor's student research group is researching ultrasonics. I don't know the specifics of their research, but they've requested that the department purchase a selection of 6 different Peerless by Tymphany...
  6. E

James Gunn's Plans for DC

Is anyone else excited for Gunn's DC plans? I was more skeptical initially, but I can't help being excited for an adaptation of Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow. It's honestly my favorite comic of the past few years.
  7. E

Worst frequency response?

I was just watching the recent Linus Tech Tips video on Tommy Hilfiger's "gaming" bundle, and I literally burst out laughing when they showed the headset's FR.
  8. E

Semi-Active Speakers

What are everyone's opinions on semi-active loudspeakers? I was at my friend's house over new year and they had a pair of GoldenEar Triton T2s which had surprising bass extension for their size. I found these old Sterophile measurements and they match up with what I heard. Given their size...
  9. E

FiiO JD7

New FiiO iem looks mighty tempting. $65 on Aliexpress atm. I'm really tempted to order a pair and send them to Amrim. vs (Mods feel free to move if this should be in the deals thread)
Top Bottom