Search results

1. C

Assistance on REW measurements

just to understand, you hear the low frequencies during the sweeps but the software does not record them? (does the mic pick up the low fq if REW generates pink noise?) the first thing i would check is the REW settings making sure the testing mic is selected and not some other device such as a...
  2. C

Behringer NX3000D Pro DSP Amplifier Review

this may be a good example of "test vs real world discrepancy"... in the PA world i've heard some call class D amp power "modern watts". the perceived SPL of music vs a sine wave test in a resistive load of a class D amp is one of those experiences that leaves one wondering "what's the trick?"...
  3. C

Pls help me understand digital(out) multi channel audio interface

thank you mr sarumbear, that is exactly what i ended up using, an HDMI connection containing L/R and Sub signals going to a receiver. the high and low filters are set in EQ APO along w/ a notch filter where the measurements indicated a room/speaker placement related bump of +2db or so...
  4. C

here's a yt link w/ timestamp about signal processing/sampling, what am i missing

signal processing and sampling: [...] it's only defined by two points. if it's a sine wave, it's no longer a sine wave, it's some bizarre form of wave form, not a sine. [...] there's still lots of important data between 10 and 20KHz, you don't have a reproduction of that, you just have a rough...
  5. C

thank you very much, i think i'm getting a hold on this software.. i have not tried to 'manually' edit filters but i did manage by luck to stack a few filters and obtain a desirable slope on the LPF.
  6. C

i just learned that S/PDIF PCM is limited to two channels. that means the signal between the pc and receiver has to be in the DTS format (the receiver decodes the signal, decides what goes to the R, L and Subwoofer channel). i installed Equalizer APO. at the first glance the low pass filter...
  7. C

thank you for the input. unfortunately, my favorite receivers don't have HDMI capabilities, but i could use that option for some of the receivers.... i just realized, since this option only requires an HDMI cable, maybe i could use an HDMI capable receiver for digital processing and use the...
  8. C

thank you, i understand. so a crossover/eq on the pc, send that over USB to a MULTICHANNEL interface and connect that digitally to the receiver. i am looking for L + R + Sub, a 2.1 system. the sub's volume will be preset in the crossover, sent to the receiver, the receiver decodes the signals...
  9. C

thank you for the reply. i am looking for: a digital signal going to the receiver. i already have a few options to send analog signal to the receiver. another member mentioned EqualizerAPO, i will take a look at what it has to offer.
  10. C

thank you for the reply. i will head over to "EqualizerAPO" webpage and educate myself a bit. so as i understand, the audio interface HAS to be multichannel even if i only use its digital output? ps: volume control on the pc would be inconvenient, also i have no real need for a separate DAC...
  11. C

hello everyone, hope you're doing well. i am trying to understand how a multichannel digital signal can be generated from a stereo audio file, and what software & hardware is needed. my goal is to feed a digital 2.1 signal into a receiver from a computer (music only, currently foobar2000 as a...
Top Bottom