Search results

1. N

Fosi Audio's First Dual-Mode Balanced Amplifier ZA3

No offensive but this thread sucks. Ruined by pissing matches over mediocre takes.
  2. N

Its not working for me. It does the 10% off $149.99 = $134.99 and the discount code takes off $13.50 for a total of $121.49. What final price did you see?
  3. N

I'm hoping it's at worst $149 usd - 20% = $119.20.
  4. N

Do I understand this right? Amp/DAC rec

I'm just putting this here for reference. I ended up figuring out, what I hope will be a pretty enjoyable desk system. Starting with the pair of rule breaker speakers and a GRS high excursion sub in a ported 1 ft3 enclosure tuned to 27 Hz. The path is PC>USB-C>Scarlett 2i2>balanced XLR>Dayton...
  5. N

Fosi ZA3 TPA3255 Mono/Stereo Switchable Amplifier, and vs Aiyima A07 Max

Also fyi, if you're going to leave these plugged in indefinitely get the gold connectors because they don't corrode. If they will be disconnected and reconnected often get the silver because the plating is thicker, they'll last longer and corrosion is less of an issue because they'll get some...
  6. N

Fosi ZA3 TPA3255 Mono/Stereo Switchable Amplifier, and vs Aiyima A07 Max

Curis Judd did an xlr cable video. Basically you definitely want something high quality, specifically: canare or mogani for the cable and neutrik for the plugs. Cheaper shielded cables still have interference, cheaper connectors may be loose or too big and get stuck. I got some of those world...
  7. N

Thanks for explaining this. I ended up with the spa250dsp plate amp. It has balanced input and balanced output with high pass filter. So my system will be pc>Scarlett 2i2>balanced cable>plate amp+sub>balanced cable>Fosi za3>monitors. I can set the low pass and high pass filters on the sub amp to...
  8. N

Thanks. Those both look cool, but MiniDSP Flex looks pretty expensive and CamillaDSP might be a little too much faff for this simple system. Seems like the sub plate amp is the way to go. I shouldn't have any issues with sending a line level signal to the sub amp via the za3 sub out?
  9. N

So does this amp in mono mode make a good sub amp? What other components would I need to make it work? A low pass filter? I'm making a sub for a simple desk system. I want to use this amp for the monitors. I could buy a second to use a mono for the sub. Or would I be better off just buying a...
  10. N

Is the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 gen 3 still worth it for $109?

Thank you both! I went ahead and bought it.
  11. N

Recommend me a small sub for under my desk.

That's an insane build you have! You did a great job on your first enclosures. I'm not normally a fan of the high gloss veneers, but these look great! I'm curious how this setup doesn't shake your whole house and bother your partner? Thanks for the recommendation. I'm not sure the UM8-22 is...
  12. N

Oh that was a dumb typo. I meant a ported enclosure. I do have winISD, so I'll play with that to design the enclosure and port. But, the specs on the GRS Hi excursion 8-in say it can do 27 Hz at one cubic foot ported...
  13. N

Thanks, probably a DIY passive. But, if there's a recommended plate amp that costs around the same as the Fosi ZA3 then I'd probably do that. Or if there's a recommended plugin play powered subwoofer that's small and not crazy expensive I consider it too. I did a quick Google search and it seems...
  14. N

I'm looking for a recommendation for a small sub to put in a small box under my desk. I'm just building up the desk system. I've got the Scarlett 2i2 interface, a pair of speakers I built using the "Rule Breaker" plans from Toids (dual 4" woofers and a BMR) and will most likely be purchasing to...
  15. N

Is the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 gen 3 still worth it for $109?

Building a little desk audio system. I need a audio interface to use as a DAC for listening from my computer and improving the fidelity out of the Fosi ZA3 amp. I also need it for a condenser mic for video calls and recording myself discussing my design work for clients. Do you think it's worth...
  16. N

Do I understand this right? Amp/DAC rec

Hello. I'd like add some monitors to my desk and not sure I understand what components I should buy. I built a pair of passive speakers with a bmr and pair of woofers (I used these plans). They are going on my desk, but will also be my bedroom system. These are not Hi-Fi speakers and I don't...
Top Bottom