Search results

1. S

How to create periodic PCM test tones with high inter-sample peaks

How to create periodic PCM test tones with high inter-sample peaks
  2. S

How much spectrum noise does your audio measurement software add?

Your audio measurement software probably introduces more noise into your measurements than you realize. Today's hardware usually doesn't have a high enough effective number of bits to make these software limitations noticeable. But it's getting close. It's time for software developers to embrace...
  3. S

How good is your PCM sine wave test tone? Niven's theorem is your friend.

A steady sine wave tone is useful for various testing applications. A PCM encoded wave file can hold a representation of a sine wave, but often it's not perfect due to quantization loss when sine values are converted to integer sample values. The sine function generally produces irrational...
  4. S

new toy: spectrum viewer for windows

After a year of development, I finally released the first version of an audio spectrum viewer app I have been working on as a retirement hobby. The executable is a single file and there is no installation step. You just run it. Download the windows executable along with demo files and source...
  5. S

Windows 10/11 sample rate limitation for motherboard audio

Hello, as a retirement hobby, I wrote a free and open source spectrum viewer application. I use Windows 7 for development, but finally bought a Windows 11 notebook that I can test on. With Windows 7, I can hold a digital watch to the microphone and see the 32,767 Hz peak from the quartz crystal...
Top Bottom