Search results

1. B

Parasound 2125 V.2 Amplifier Review

Convention is that the cutoff frequency of a filter is it’s -3dB point, which on this graph is correct. Someone else can probably explain the math behind that, as it’s not, as I understand it, based on audibility threshold.
  2. B

Objective basis for subjective impressions of amplifier power

If this isn't quite the right place for this topic, I apologize, rookie mistake..
  3. B

Objective basis for subjective impressions of amplifier power

This may have been well covered, and I'd definitely appreciate any pointers in the right direction from those who know. My general sense long has been that more power is better, and more than you think. I over time had been convinced that pretty large amps were necessary for getting solid...
  4. B

Monitors that work for you

Oh, the JBLs do hiss though, as has been discussed a lot. Sometimes I'll realize I'm zoning out at my desk as if it were a ocean wave or rain sounds track, or think it's raining softly outside, and then get up and switch them off! With the ambient noise floor at home however it's a small...
  5. B

I really am impressed by the 306s I picked up a few months back. I have been shifting around my workspace at home, and so have still not done what I need to do to calm down reflections where they are now, but I still have had an easy time working with them. I need to get that in order and would...
  6. B

ATC SCM19 Bookshelf Speaker Review

Yeah, I just actually had deleted my post moments after posting it when I noticed how old the thread was and that I was replying to a years earlier phase of discussion!
  7. B

Analogue Engineers in the house?

Is this maybe ripe for seeding the new Pro Audio section?
  8. B

I'm curious what speakers folks here who do audio production work of some sort have had success with. Translatability and fewer regrets later. Do you use one set that is very accurate? Do you triangulate using NS-10s or an Auratone cube or boombox or whatever? What have you grown to trust and...
  9. B

Distortion in Music, Clipping, Noise - intentional or mastering failures?

All of the originally cited examples are almost certainly intentional, and in the mix. London Grammar has scratchy vinyl sample in there, a drone (prayer bowl or sample of?), and distorted electric piano. The vocal has its own distortion on its channel, and then the vocal reverb, which is...
  10. B

Ever consider having a subforum for studio gear?

Faithful reproduction reveals whatever garbage makes it into the recordings..! It’s already great to see measurements of different monitors I use both in the studio and at home. There’s plenty of guesswork in mixing already. Preamps and A/D converters in prosumer gear and at the mid-high end...
  11. B

Ever consider having a subforum for studio gear?

I would be very interested in this. My primary interest in knowing whether things in the playback chain are accurate is to be able to trust them to make better recordings. The same kind of measurements of new and maybe some commonly used “classic” gear would be incredible information to have.
Top Bottom