Search results

1. S

Xbox Series X support for external DACs

How do you know the latency issue is there? I have this DAC and I cannot detect any latency in audio relative to video. I also chat throughout my games and there is no noticeable lag or delay. If you are referring to the Reddit review notice how he measures latency - it’s flawed because he...
  2. S

Mechanical Isolation Devices: Myth?

The nice thing about comparing how it sounds with or with active isolation is that it’s easy - just turn it off. I agree that the difference is more significant that anticipated. This is a solid state, well built (steel chassis with good quality components), power supply. It was already sitting...
  3. S

Indeed. Any seriously interested people can message me on another platform. Thanks to @Purité Audio I will not be replying to this thread. It’s not everyone here, but this is the reason why I dislike this forum. It should be called the World is Flat Forum! Open your minds… trust your ears… If...
  4. S

Happy to provide my experience on this topic. I am using a Seismion under a field coil power supply. The difference is massive! Keep in mind this is a power supply for the electromagnetic drivers, which are not directly; but indirectly in the signal path. For the first time, I could hear the...
  5. S

Bruno Strikes Again. Purifi 1ET7040SA VTV Amplifier.

Expensive! 700EUR a channel?! Makes the Apollon a total bargain.
  6. S

No, these are custom made by a guy in Quebec. https://www.inovaudio.com/en/inovaudio-panneaux-acoustiques-mobilier-tripode-et-acc-hifi-eng/
  7. S

PS Audio DirectStream DAC mk2 hilarious ad copy

Just can’t help but laugh reading this. Thanks guys.
  8. S

PS Audio FR30 speakers

Ignorance is bliss, I suppose! Just do not listen to a high end system!
  9. S

PS Audio FR30 speakers

Diminishing returns is a fictitious construct made up by those who cannot, or do not want to, afford spending more. As long as you choose wisely, you will always get better sound if you spend more. No one can quantify whether something sounds “2X” better. But we know it sounds better. What I...
  10. S

Which purifi amp to get?

Thanks, you’re right! Keep in mind in low light it’s much more like a dark gold rather than yellow, which was the intention. It’s great that Apollon offers customized colors - be bold! Why just get black or silver?
  11. S

Each driver can be positioned to optimize time alignment at the listening position. The midrange and upper bass can be angled and the tweeter can be moved forward/back. The tweeter is at ear height. This is a very important feature that is often overlooked or impossible, especially with large...
  12. S

Thanks for the comments! It’s been a LONG 7+ year journey. I don’t regret it one bit, but I would not do it again. Wall mounted unit is the crossover. No knobs - those are the capacitors (Duelund CAST). This is the crossover I had before, no larger than a CD case - same exact components and...
  13. S

Which purifi amp to get?

Arrived! Looks and performs well! I wrote more about it in another thread.
  14. S

Thanks! It’s been a long journey… The new Apollon is on top of the Trinnov, at the top of the image. Here are more photos of the amp and the speakers. I custom designed these speakers. They use nearly 100 year old field coil midrange drivers, the RCA1443. The other drivers are modern.
  15. S

Agreed. First and last experience with McIntosh.
  16. S

Somewhat off topic but felt it made sense to post here: my McIntosh experience with the MI254 (NC500 4 channel amp) was horrendous. The power supply buzzes, as mentioned above. Not loud enough to hear it from the listening position, but it gives a first impression of low quality. McIntosh said...
  17. S

Received my Apollon 4-channel Purifi 7040 amp! Let me start by saying that it’s beautifully made. I don’t think anyone else offers custom paint and has such a solid chassis. The high end connectors are also a welcome upgrade over my previous McIntosh MI254 (which was junk - see below). My rack...
  18. S

Trinnov Altitude 16 Review (AV Processor)

The processor’s DAC also boosts the signal. DACs are not uniform in what voltage they put out. And the amp is built into the Denon isn’t it. So yeah, the processor will affect exactly what I wrote! (Try again?)
  19. S

Dynamic compression is definitely not engaged; I never use it. The point is that the range between quietest and loudest passages is compressed on the Denon - if you set it such that a whisper sounds like a whisper, then a loud passage does not sound loud enough. I guess I didn’t describe it...
  20. S

Let me provide a real world example of signal to noise of the Denon 8500 vs the Trinnov Altitude 32 (16 should be the same): with the Denon, I always had to manipulate volume up/down - passages were either too quiet, so I would bump up the volume, and then would become too loud… each movie would...
Top Bottom