Search results

1. djtetei

Question about preamp+amp performance

@REK2575 You RC1572 preamplifier is rated to deliver 2V RMS on its balanced XLR outputs. With 2 V RMS at its balanced XLR inputs the RB 1552 amplifier should be able to deliver 177 W / channel into 4 ohm loads. Don't torture yourself with the statement that the power amplifier can't drive your...
  2. djtetei

Topping L50 Review (Headphone Amp)

@sleepy.weather It kind of strange for Antilope not providing the full technical specifications (input and output impedance) of their product, given the price they are charging for it. First, make sure you use balanced TRS cables to connect monitor outputs and line outputs to the Topping L50...
  3. djtetei

Choosing a closed back headphones, mid range price

Like I mentioned already, choosing a pair of headphones is, ultimately, a subjective matter, because only the final user has to decide what satisfies him in terms of construction, fit, finish and, especially, in terms of acoustic pleasure. The most one can do from a distance is to make...
  4. djtetei

The Akg k371 seems to be a good choice for versatility from the start. If you have the opportunity, try both Akg k371 and Pioneer HDJ-X10 headphones, before you decide to buy. One thing I can tell you about the HDJ-X10 headphones: they are all metal and for the same nominal impedance, they are...
  5. djtetei

At the start of the thread, you mentioned that you want a closed back design. I suppose the reason for this is to ensure good sound isolation. Lightweight construction don't go well with good sound isolation.
  6. djtetei

What I usually seek on any pair of headphones is a very sturdy construction, replaceable earpads, replaceable headband, detachable cable and 50 mm drivers. The sound signature is a subjective matter, so I refrain to give recommendation on this issue. With that being said, I can only suggest you...
  7. djtetei

Why would you use the normalisation feature and degrade the entire system dynamic range and signal to noise ratio? You have a volume knob available, so use it! If you would listen from a CD player or a turntable, you won't have any normalisation algorithm available. Enjoy the music as it was...
  8. djtetei

Power hungry? Let's see what we have here: a nominal impedance of 32 ohm (stated by manufacturer) and an efficiency of 94 dB/mW, which translates into a sensitivity of about 109 dB/V. If we assume a power capacity of 200 mW, the Sundara"s can take up to 2.53 V RMS and can deliver up to 117 dB...
  9. djtetei

Can the Topping A90D run the Susvara

Yes, the maximum power handling or the power capacity of the headphones speakers has to be specified, in order to asses the maximum sound pressure level they are able to handle and the power requirements of the headphones amplifier at the nominal impedance. Even if the headphones can reach 120...
  10. djtetei

Check the gain settings on Topping L50 and ensure you're not clipping the output signal on the pc side.
  11. djtetei

Budget Amp for Hifiman HE400SE

Personally, I would suggest to look at Topping L30II or Topping L50 dedicated headphone amplifiers and you won't be disappointed by their performance and added functionality. Furthermore, I also suggest you to build your system with separate components.
  12. djtetei

Can the Topping A90D run the Susvara

Anyone wondered why HifiMan don't specify the power capacity of their headphones? Answer: to create confusion, in order to boost headphone amplifier sales. For an impedance of 60 ohm, an efficiency of 83 dB/mW and an estimated power capacity of about 500 mW, one would need an amplifier capable...
  13. djtetei

Can I swap Left and Right channels ?

Use a custom equalisation curve to tailor the sound to your liking. Second option is to try custom headphone earpads, that may be able to tame the upper part of the frequency response.
  14. djtetei

The choice between balanced or unbalanced connection is dictated by two factors: noise rejection over distance and voltage gain over signal to noise ratio. You can choose to use a balanced connection in order to prevent audio signal degradation over distance or to take advantage of a source...
  15. djtetei

Amplifier's Power and Effect on Speakers

Personally, I study the technical specifications of the speakers and the amplifier, take note of the continous power rating of the speakers and amplifier at the nominal impedance, consult with the equipment manufacturers and, finally choose the amplifier able to provide the +3 dB to +6 dB of...
  16. djtetei

Average music power of most popular music is a LOT lower than you might think

Being a DJ I don't make too much fuss about the music mixing and mastering process these days, given the fact that everyone is producing music as they see fit, using a lot of compression to achieve "louder" playback levels, and many times without regard for dynamic range and sonic purity. No...
  17. djtetei

Help with a math problem to determine SE output on a Sabaj A20h Amplifier

The SMSL A300 dac unbalanced output level is 2 V RMS. Sabaj A20H headphone amplifier, on unbalanced inputs to unbalanced outputs circuit, has the following gains: 0 dB (low), 6 dB (medium), 9 dB (high). For a load of 250 ohms, Sabaj A20H should deliver the following power outputs: - on low gain...
  18. djtetei

Help Me to choose for amp and speakers

I can't make a suggestion on your budget, because this is your own decision to make. My personal suggestion is based on the system requirements - amplifier continous power capacity should be between two to four times the speakers continous power capacity at their nominal impedance. Regarding...
  19. djtetei

@Grur Use the E50 DAC balanced outputs to feed the balanced inputs of your active speakers and use the unbalanced outputs to feed the L30II or the L50 headphone amplifiers. Use the E50 balanced outputs to feed the L50 balanced inputs only if you need a higher input voltage level to feed some...
  20. djtetei

Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro (250Ohm) paired with SMSL M500 MKIII

@swimnbird Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 250 ohms headphones have a power capacity of 100 mW an efficiency of 96 dB SPL / mW and a sensitivity of 102 dB SPL / V. In order to drive the headphones to their rated power the amplifier has to deliver 100 mW, 5V and 20 mA at 250 ohms for a maximum loudness...
Top Bottom