Search results

1. neptune134

Does Volume Control on DAP Mean My External DAC isnt Working?

Well, I found the fix, and its 100% accurate, and i just field tested it myself. I did some more Googling and surprisingly only found 2 results abou this topic (god, I miss the old internet before it became a money grabbing algorythim, but I digress)... You need to connect the DAP to the Q5s...
  2. neptune134

Ahhh man, it didnt work. I just cut the red wire like you said, but now it wont work OTG at all. Luckily I have a few of these so no big deal, but with that great solution idea I had to try it. Thnak you Static, well worth it just to make sure I knew.
  3. neptune134

I will give that a shot! I have a bunch of cheap cables like that! I will post the results here. THANK YOU!!!
  4. neptune134

Wow static! Youre the man!! Do you know if its possible to prevent the DAP from feeding power to the Q5s using the developer options feature on the Android 8.1 DAP?
  5. neptune134

THank you very much for this. I wonder why the volume then on the Vamp Versa V Moda then makes the DAP lose all volume functionality and leave the volume duties solely to the V-Moda device?
  6. neptune134

This is very helpful information, thank you so much for replying. I was thinking that since the AGPTEK T06S DAP is an Android, I would enable the developer mode to see if there was a customization to prevent the DAP from feeding power out to the Q5s; I found an option that asks what type of...
  7. neptune134

Okay that makes sense thank you so much for replying! Love this forum, everyone is so knowledgable.
  8. neptune134

Hello all. I hope I worded my question coherently enough, but I have a few examples which should help mitigate things. I have a basic AGPTEK T06S touchscreen chinese digital audio player with a USB type C connection for synching and charging. It is a touch screen running on Android Oreo. The...
  9. neptune134

Connecting the Portable Monoprice Monolith AAA with a iPod Classic: LOD to Line In Question (w/ pics)

Is the LOD signal itself considered "analog" since we're using the dock itself, not the iPods headphone jack? I found this out of curiousity, can anyone please confirm if its valid: Is iPod output digital or analog? The iPod is great for storing and retrieving digital files, but the analog...
  10. neptune134

Connecting the Portable Monoprice Monolith AAA with a iPod Classic: LOD to Line In Question (w/ pics)

Hello everyone, I need to some advice on my set up. So i know the cleanest sound from the ipod classic 5th gen is from the LOD. I have a Monoprice Monolith Portable AAA that ive tried to connect with it and wanted to make sure that the way Im connecting it, that the output to my IEMS;s is...
  11. neptune134

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Headphones: Sennheiser 6XXX HiFi Man 400i Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro ATH M50X Out of all these I enjoy the Beyerdynamic the best. The soundstage is incredible and the instrument separation is immaculate. IEM’s: Shure 846 Sennheiser 800s Campfire Andromeda pre 2018 BGVP DMG KZ AS10 Tin Hi Fi T3...
  12. neptune134

Monoprice Monolith THX AAA Poratble:How to repair rips on the imitation leather on the back panel?

Hello, I foolishly used some double sided tape to stick my monolith aaa thx portable to the back of my iPhone, and when I removed it to try it with another device, the double sided tape ripped of some small patches of the imitation leather protective backing. Is there a replacement pad I can...
  13. neptune134

Pairing the Monoprice THX AAA Portable with Campfire Andromeda vs Shure 846

I recently got the Monolith from Monoprice THX Portable, and wanted to compare how it sounded using two of the most reputable IEM's of the last several years, the ALO Campfire Andromeda (pre 2018 version) and the Shure 846. As i just recently got my Andromeda about 2 weeks ago, ive been mostly...
  14. neptune134

Im I Better off with the Quad Dac G8 ThinQ Android, or w/ Monolith AAA THX Portable?

Hello all, I hope someone can help give me some advice. As some of you know, the G8 ThinQ Android is considered at the very least in the top 10 of audiophile phones, with it's quad dac and 3D Surround Sound Technology. I dont use it as a phone, I use it as my DAP exclusively and recently...
  15. neptune134

Did I get a faulty Unit from Douk Audio M1 Pro? Tear Down with Pictures; too much GLUE?

...and no luck. This really sucks, its the first time I get burned on an item like this. I didnt spend a whole lot, and the reviews on Amazon should have strayed me off but i thought it was perfect for my needs from the advert. How the heck do they have the audacity to put 2 QA stickers on the...
  16. neptune134

Did I get a faulty Unit from Douk Audio M1 Pro? Tear Down with Pictures; too much GLUE?

I appreciate the warm welcome. I’ve lurking for awhile, and reading reviews before I go in on anything. Was disappointed the FiiO Qs5 and the THX amp module AM3D didn’t really live up to the expectations on the graph.
  17. neptune134

Awesome, I will try that when I get home. So connecting all 4 as I did (the wrong way) does that always result in absolutely zero sound coming out? Wouldn’t there be a distortion or at least some mumbled static? When I connect the smsl 50 pre amp/dac, I’ve been connecting it using all 4 and it...
  18. neptune134

Thanks for the quick response! I’m not sure what parallel means, but when you say to only use one channel, does that mean I should only plug 1 of the red and 1 of the black from the back of the DoukAudio M1 50? Would that be bottom two or top two? As far as the source I’ve used the Bluetooth...
  19. neptune134

Hello ASR members this is my first post and I really hope to become more active in here as my audiophile quest continues. I recently bought a DoukAudio M1 Pro bluetooth amp/dac, and when I connect to my JBL HLS Center speaker, no sound comes out. I have used this same speaker with my SMSL 50...
Top Bottom