Search results

1. G

JBL 306P MK II Review (Studio Monitor)

Revel is one of the brands under the same umbrella as Mark Levinson. It is a high quality brand. I believe these brands were bought by Harman which was later bought by Samsung along with JBL
  2. G

JBL SCL-7 Review (In-wall Speaker)

Concerning that dip around 2KHz some manufacturers do that intentionally to create a sense of depth more than you would get in the recording played flat. I personally am not a fan of this. I know from personal conversations with Bob Carver that that is how he designs his speakers. I personally...
  3. G

Cool. Stock it sounds great but there was no output at 25 Hz & I wanted to be able to play back music that goes down to 16 Hz. I doubled the capacitance in the crossover to make like it had 25 Hz crossover & I bypassed the subsonic filter that cuts everything below 29 Hz. Then I D.C. coupled...
  4. G

My LSR 305's while not silent were perfectly usable on my desk near field. I do live in a somewhat noisy environment though. Same goes for all my LSR 3 series monitors that I have currently. I have total of 4 sets. 3 sets show in pictures plus 1 Red LSR 305 set not shown.
  5. G

On my sample the hiss does change with the volume level getting quieter as you get near minimum volume going away completely when turned all the way down. Power amp itself is very quiet. It is the input circuit generating most of the hiss. I run my volume control 4 clicks from maximum. My sub...
  6. G

It may be that different people's ears have different sensitivity & that would be the cause of different feedbaback.
  7. G

I just got a pair of these JBL LSR306P MK2 monitor speakers. These are definitely a cut above the LSR 305P(I have both). Significantly more transparent sounding. Great bass in stock form but I wanted something a little extra down there. Not in terms of bass level but I wanted more extension. In...
Top Bottom