Search results

1. Midnight Audiophile

Ai Illustration fun for Halloween - 1938 War of the Worlds broadcast

This is a video I put together using Ai generated illustrations from DALL•E 2 and upscaled with Gigapixel Ai, just in time for October 30, the date of the original broadcast in 1938. Ai art is an interesting resource that's just now coming into it's own for art directors and creators. To me it's...
  2. Midnight Audiophile

DIY Darth Maul Binaural Recording Head (work in progress)

Basic materials for the binaural recording head: Silicon Ear Models: $24.21 (new on Amazon) It took awhile to find some the right size and with a base I could work with. These are a good likeness of a real human ear with a nice canal and are the about the same size (65mm) as the ones...
  3. Midnight Audiophile

KEF Q5150 EVH (my next custom project)

Don't go googling, I just made that page to make me feel good ; ) This is a project though I'm going to start working on in the next couple of weeks after I finish the Darth Maul binary recording head I'm working on. The design is 1:1 version of EVH's 5150 paint scheme. I extended the design...
  4. Midnight Audiophile

How to test EQ settings in REW?

Hello, after EQing, is there a way to run a sweep to test the settings in REW? I'm on a Mac and use SoundSource so I've just been putting my EQ settings in there then running REW to test them.
  5. Midnight Audiophile

(Poll) When did you start using a measurement mic to tune your room and system?

I grew up in the 70s and 80s and I'm amazed at the high level of fidelity you can get nowadays with inexpensive equipment and a measurement mic. I just started a using a UMIK-1 over the past couple of years to set up my room and system and the difference is night and day. Curious to see when...
Top Bottom