Search results

1. Crane

Kali LP-6/LP-8 V2 (2nd Wave) studio monitors released

Cant really play the file but had similar issue which was fixed connected through XLR. It would happen regardless of what system i connected it to.
  2. Crane

Tom's hardware tells the truth

Round two https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvme-ssd-for-audiophiles
  3. Crane

Say "Hello!" to boXem | audio Arthur series, Hypex and Purifi based power amplifiers

I received mine about a month ago and replaced an IOM hypex252 for a desktop setting. It has been pretty good, i opted for the black and perfectly matches my desk setup. I'm not gonna pretend like there is a difference between the two soundwise but it definitely runs cooler and the audio sense...
  4. Crane

Would you give up your headphone jack on your phone???

Switched to using L&P W2 or e1da on the back of phone with 180° USB c to c (link below)...
  5. Crane

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Triangle BR08 at adorama $399 https://www.adorama.com/tribortec67b.html?sdtid=15021709&emailprice=t&sterm=zcMwT7yigxyLRrgwUx0Mo36YUkB2X1TaEzbP280&utm_source=rflaid62905
  6. Crane

Say "Hello!" to boXem | audio Arthur series, Hypex and Purifi based power amplifiers

All black where? I would love to get my hands on two! :D
  7. Crane

Steve Guttenberg - Audiophiliac

Yea i didnt watch his videos, i was just stating the issue of being completely dismissive of personal taste of subjective reviews. The goal is always to have people learn about the science and make informed decision which is easier when people dont get bombarded with negative and aggresive...
  8. Crane

Again i feel there is too much emphasis on "bad speaker". Is it a neutral/hifi speaker? no, but you can see from the review that it is adequately designed. Everyone has different tastes in food just because you dont like to eat fish, apples, or steak etc doesn't mean you are wrong. Now if you...
  9. Crane

I think the issue is like Erin pointed out, it's not us vs them. The preference for each person is different in audio but the issue is when you push snakeoil as a must and magic. As long as people understand that typical "audiophile" does not represent hifi and clear sound. I think this can only...
  10. Crane

My first youtube interview... I am famous now!!!

This is great, it's good to see things and your perspective in video format. I Iike many learned a lot from you and others in this forum. I hope ASR continues to grow!
  11. Crane

Amp to go with a Bifrost 2, or a new stack entirely?

i haven't tried the new biifrost2 but my experience with owning the original biifrost+lyr2 vs a khadas TB+JDS atom amp i dont think I'd ever go back to schiit ever. The later definitely blew me away so i would recommend getting rid of the schiit stack completely but you can always get the JDS...
  12. Crane

List of Amir's Headphone PEQ filters

In case someone was also looking, i found this which has a bunch of EQs of different HP made from different sources to import use: https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results
  13. Crane

Black Fri SVS Subwoofer Sale

I was considering the SVS for the price so i decided to test some bassy music with my Studio2 and it didnt take long for my downstair neighbor to complain even though i had pads under my carpet and my speaker setup on isolation pads :D
  14. Crane

Black Fri SVS Subwoofer Sale

I'm sad i slept on this deal but yea a minidsp 2x4 HD with the 4 subs would work amazingly. I havent tried it but presets available you can always configure for each scenario you want (2HSU, 2 SVS, All 4).
  15. Crane

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

You're pretty much the person who posts here the most and i for one am grateful and appreciate it. That being said It's always good to see discounts in other countries (confusing tone :p).
  16. Crane

Purifi class-D Review and Observations

This forum is a science believer forum, therefore the responses you see although it shouldn't be the case. People here need to remember most people believe mumbo jumbo until they learn and understand which this forum has done for many. As measurements and objective testing is what we do here...
  17. Crane

DAC / amp para DT990 pro 250 ohm

A DAC just process the digital sound to analog, good built ones ensures the sound is clean without distortion or noise in the background (hardly matters for gaming much). Headphone Amps, increase the signal output, so if the volume is good enough you don't need anything. for the DAC it is hard...
  18. Crane

DAC / amp para DT990 pro 250 ohm

It is a hard headphone to drive regularly, he is asking are they clear enough or is the volume too low from a normal source. Anyhow there are tons of options regarding DAC/Amps but among the cheapest: Topping E30/L30 JDS Lab Atom Dac/Amp Khadas Tone2Pro (untested here) You can always use the...
  19. Crane

Amir should setup a YouTube channel for more income source

The voice over is a pretty good method as it still provides pretty good information explanation wise especially since you're likely to show mostly results of your test. I think possibly the videos which would require more than that are ones where you'd show the workshop and explanation on your...
  20. Crane

Buying my first headphones - please help me navigate this massive world of audio equipment

I'd recommend looking for a local store if possible to at least test out headphones, that said if nothing is around it's always good to look at the frequency response, people's impressions, and what target you are looking for in a headphone (use case and what you enjoy , higher bass/...
Top Bottom