Search results

1. A

Poll: Should We Get Into Testing Headphones or Speakers?

I agree. My point in mentioning it is that Amir should probably not count on it as a long term solution. It will likely end up how you describe.
  2. A

Poll: Should We Get Into Testing Headphones or Speakers?

A few things to think about: What will they do if you happen post 2-3 negative product reviews in a row? Are they likely to continue the relationship? Are you only going to post positive reviews? This is something the current subjective mags are criticized for. Are they eventually only...
  3. A

This audio cable business is getting out of hand...

The grey area is only there because you need it to be in order to have any chance of actually answering the questions.:) I have a hard time believing that you didn’t understand the full context of my questions. If you had read my post just prior to the one you answered, it should’ve been...
  4. A

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

It’s probably been suggested already, but how about the Devialet amp/DAC?
  5. A

What is your view on the following: Those who understand that they do not know, yet accept a given proposition as true. Those who believe/claim they know, but cannot demonstrate it.
  6. A

At least he listened! The worst are those who claim to “know” things, things which no one can know, and refuse to listen or engage at all (Know anyone like this?). I would argue that these types of people are the worst, not your uncle. Again, at least your uncle was willing to listen and engage.
  7. A

I also knew a guy who believed in magnet therapy. He wasn’t an EE, nor was he particularly bright (though, college educated), but it was a literal battle to convince him that he’d been fooling himself. After many days and nights of my explaining basic science, logic and critical thinking, and...
  8. A

Yeah, the lowest of the low is when they call a moderator on you because they lack any counter-argument and don’t like what you’re saying.;)
  9. A

Proper Definition of High-Resolution Music

2019 streaming remasters. Undertow got the worst of it.:mad: http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list?artist=tool&album=
  10. A

UK Advertising Standards Authority vs Chord Company Ruling

Chord Company, Press release July 31, 2019 Chord Company Launches New Epic USB Cable:facepalm: https://audiobacon.net/2019/07/31/chord-company-launches-new-epic-usb-cable/
  11. A

The criticisms that people have of this site are ridiculous. People can be a little worrisome.

Okay, thanks. Probably not much has changed. I switched after XP. Got tired of dealing with OS maintenance, security, drivers, etc. I still use Win7 and 10 on occasion, but not a big fan of either for home use. Apple has made it really difficult to continue as a customer. Their crippled...
  12. A

The criticisms that people have of this site are ridiculous. People can be a little worrisome.

Hi Amir, As you've mentioned recently, you can't read all posts. I'll PM a short message a little later describing what I'm referring to.
  13. A

Amirm, which OS version are you currently using? Brief thoughts? I’ve been thinking of going back to Windows.
  14. A

“Violence is the method of ignorance, the weapon of the weak. The strong of heart and brain need no violence, for they are irresistible in their consciousness of being right.” ― Alexander Berkman, In those instances where you felt violence was the answer, what was your position that was being...
  15. A

Review and Measurements of Totaldac d1-six DAC

Hi Amir, How is this DAC any different than your Mark Levinson amps? For those not paying attention, allow me to clarify. Here we have a DAC which is said to be overpriced, measures poorly, but has positive subjective reviews/feedback from reviewers/customers. For these reasons, it is...
  16. A

Review and Measurements of Totaldac d1-six DAC

Ha, and that’s what they say about us at ASR. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/in-dac-anything-audible-but-unable-to-be-measured-so-far.8076/ https://drop.com/talk/18010/cult-of-audio-science-review-amirs-faithful
  17. A

How far have ss amps really come in the last twenty years??

"But of course when the hoards of believers decend over some fact that shakes one of their closely held delusions, we're expected to shut up and not argue back too strongly. How dare we ask for supportable evidence for any ridiculous claims the believers present. The real problem is our ears or...
  18. A

Are you a headphone or speaker user?

Definitely speakers. For me, it’s mostly about situational awareness. Why people purposely handicap themselves while in public spaces is beyond me. I feel little sympathy for the pedestrian who is struck by train/trolley/bus/car while walking/biking/scooting through busy, high traffic areas...
  19. A

How far have ss amps really come in the last twenty years??

You believe that unknown magical properties is a thing, yet you criticize others for belief in magical properties.:facepalm: So which is it? Unknown magical properties or not? Feel free to present evidence for your magical beliefs and collect your Nobel Prize. Or do your beliefs also fall...
  20. A

Remember this conversation, Sal? See what happened when I asked you questions in the Benchmark thread? No questions for Sal. And you approved with a ’like’ when someone stepped in. You asked for an example, so here it is.
Top Bottom