Search results

1. M

Topping A90 Discrete (A90D) - Teardown and personal thoughts

do you still have the amp in "pieces"? can you please take a pic of the front pieces and the front pcb just to give me an idea on what's involved in putting it all back together? thanks again!
  2. M

thanks for the reply. my worry is those 2 ribbon cables. removal might be easy but putting it back is my worry.
  3. M

any chance of a teardown guide? I want to teardown mine to drill holes on top. Thanks in advance.
  4. M

so I'm creating my own USB-A to USB-B cable using Canare mic cable, what do I do with the braided shielding?

I had some spare mic cable and need some short runs (1M and below)
  5. M

so I'm creating my own USB-A to USB-B cable using Canare mic cable, what do I do with the braided shielding?

in saying that, how do I know if the USB cable I bought from a store (online or brick/mortar) is compliant?
  6. M

is it because of the cable impedance? if DIYing USB cables, what would be the ideal cable type? (perhaps a link?)
  7. M

Do I: connect it to ground but only on 1 side? (which side?) connect it to ground both sides? leave it unconnected? Thanks for the help.
  8. M

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

ventilation holes are completely quiet and requires no maintenance or is not going to break down.
  9. M

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

So my amp is out of warranty and i want to drill some holes on top for ventilation. How can i separate the board from the chassis? I was watching a video where the person mention something about ribbon cables but he didn't show the disassembly. Thanks
  10. M

suggestion for a dedicated Linux distribution for music listening that works with a touchscreen

Unsure what you meant my target device but when I used moode (RPi -> DAC -> head amp), I never have to install anything else. I was controlling moode on my browser.
  11. M

suggestion for a dedicated Linux distribution for music listening that works with a touchscreen

as above. preferably free or inexpensive (1-time fee of < $20 USD)
  12. M

Review and Measurements of GUSTARD-DACA22 - 4499 First Show at ASR

Are you saying the more recent versions uses xmos 216? Thank you
  13. M

Review and Measurements of GUSTARD-DACA22 - 4499 First Show at ASR

Does this dac support dac (that is fixed voltage output)? Or is it running in preamp mode all the time? Thanks
  14. M

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

can someone please explain the distortion problem? I found a local seller for this device at a good price. thanks
  15. M

S.M.S.L PO100, PO100 PRO & PO100 AK - Measurements (Digital Interfaces & DAC)

Question please. If I insert the pro between my PC and DAC (using HDMI input), what advantages am I getting if all I cook are playing local files (half are 92khz sans above). Thanks
  16. M

AOSHIDA SMSL C200 Review (DAC & Amp)

is the dac section truly balanced? I compared the product page of the Su8v2 vs C200 and the Su8v2 has 2x 9039q2m while this seems it only has 1. It seems it uses some electronic "trickery" to convert the unbalanced signal to balanced? thanks
  17. M

SMSL D-6 DAC Review

does anyone know if the device include a TRS-to-XLR adapter? Thanks
Top Bottom