Search results

1. T

MOTU UltraLite-mk5 Review (Audio Interface)

Windows 7 doesn't support Websocket "natively"... maybe it works thru Chrome or Firefox, open the index.html directly instead of the .exe
  2. T

MA12070 vs TPA3255 (Scientific Measurements Aside)

I'm currently using it, one full MA12070 per compression driver ( https://www.eighteensound.it/en/products/hf-driver/1-0/8/NSD1095N ) used in Troel's "loudspeaker"s. It is set at 1.6khz, that tiny amp sounds great right next to a quad Purifi amp. I'm not asking too much of it, 1 or 2 watts so...
  3. T

Technically, CM5 works on Linux, Playstation, Xbox... anything that has web/js/websocket compatibility, it's just a single page app. Just run the index.html file and here you go, CM5 working! You also need to figure out the virtual IP created when plugging it in with USB. Or... figure out the...
  4. T

You can't add anything to it, I tried, you are limited by the functionality of the device. The mk5 is just an audio interface, a dumb usb sound card, DSP capabilities are close to zero, I returned mine, got the Minidsp Flex 8.
  5. T

DIY 2-way with complete spinorama / CTA2034A measurements - Purifi and Scan-Speak

Thinking of a double 12" SB34NRXL75 instead of a single 18 to save some space, crossed at 250 ish, what do you think?
  6. T

DIY 2-way with complete spinorama / CTA2034A measurements - Purifi and Scan-Speak

What's the double (is that 12"?) sub?
  7. T

Interesting, I didn't have noise issues but very metallic highs. Fortunately, I returned it for the new Minidsp Flex 8 outputs, I have to admit that it does sound better than the Motu without considering the metallic highs, I wasn't ready for this!
  8. T

the source is also available on Windows, and much more, the Visual Studio project is also included! C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/MOTU/Gen5/CueMix5/resources/app/src/www/index.html
  9. T

the control part, meaning the app? It is a web app packaged into a mac .dmg, you should be able to extract its content on linux. You can run the index.html just fine, the app will run in your web browser. It's actually smart, the same app runs on windows, mac, ios... the communication is done...
  10. T

So far it looks like controlling the device is possible thru websocket, the source will give you the functions to send commands. But... adding a low pass filter sounds impossible, filters are hardcoded in the firmware. The type of filter is a number, the gain/freq/q is updated thru commands, no...
  11. T

It is a lot easier to use the index.html file To connect to the device, thru ifconfig, looks for the new 169.x.x.x ip, then on the page, enter <IP>:1281 here are some logs I activated: So it is confirmed that the equalizer/filter is just a number (koEQMode) //4 state int - highPass = 3...
  12. T

If you are on Mac, the source for CM5 is available in the app's package. I haven't tried on my PC yet. Modifying the code and then reloading the app magically works. The DSP is a LOT MORE capable than what CM5 gives you. I'm trying to add a low pass filter, Do you guys know the math for coefs...
  13. T

Unlimited FIR taps? yes please

current state right now, lol
  14. T

pure fir, brute firce... is a loop for the samples, then another loop within for the taps, some shifting... that's the part that takes a lot of time, it's the most basic and accurate way. 2048 samples * x taps doesn't seem a lot to compute.... but at 192khz those samples are coming hot! Then...
  15. T

Experiencing signal degradation above 24k taps/channel, it could be due to the nature of pure FIR while working from "only" 2048 samples, time domain too short? Difficult to find answers since no one really does pure FIR that high, DSPs are limited to 8192 taps (not FFT), makes me wonder if...
  16. T

When "not enough" taps are set it gets ugly, it doesn't generate both ends of the "sample" correctly so when the next one merges over you can hear cracks, having more taps solves this issue. I might try NUFFT above 200k taps, running the GPU at 100% actually (not the 4% reported by Windows :/ )...
  17. T

CamillaDSP does FIR very differently "while FIR use convolution via FFT/IFFT". Technically, that's not FIR, as least not done the correct way. FFT is a lot faster, skipping, rounding, cutting... adding, merging.... the output doesn't look too good, no wonder why the Pi4 is that fast...
  18. T

What's your use case?
  19. T

Successfully running my own GPU FIR filter, the code looks terrible but I'm gonna clean it and post it on GitHub, unfortunately vacation starts now and will be switching over to a Mac, will be able to tune it for mac users and make it cleaner, not much time until August. Currently running 12...
  20. T

open source DSP?

It looks like JUCE is the goto solution for anything audio / cross platform
Top Bottom