Search results

1. D

Hifiman Sundara Review (headphone)

You bought Sundara from 1 store for 268 Euro. Then another store sell is for 235 Euro. That is a completely different store than the one you bought from. All these stores are running business. They have policies and systems in place. Unless they have a price match policy, employee cannot...
  2. D

Sennheiser HD660S Review (Headphone)

Comfort and fit are quite personal. I prefer HD6** on both earpads and clamp. HD6** series have slightly smaller earpads (just a tad smaller), but thicker padding. So if you have big ears top to bottom, then HD6** might touch top and bottom, but less chance of touching the driver. HD560S...
  3. D

All depends on your preference. You kind of have to listen to them in person. Unless you have so much experience that you can infer the sound signature from graphs and written review. I own HD660S and HD560S. I heard HD600 in the store. I have not heard HD6XX. I really like HD660S...
  4. D

I start with Oratory's EQ. Then adjust to my preference. Frequency, Gain, Quality, Filter 34, 3, 1.5, Peak 100, 5.5, 0.71, Low shelf 200, 0, 0.8, Peak (zero'ed from Oratory) 1330, 0, 1.8, Peak (zero'ed from Oratory) 1770, 2, 0.71, High shelf (reduced from Oratory) 3300, -1, 1.7, Peak...
  5. D

I have 560s for gaming and 660s for music. 560s is a bit bright, which can be fixed by EQ. EQ cannot fix or change other factors. 560s has larger soundstage. No EQ can change 660s to match the soundstage. On other hand, 660s has more instrument separation; there are many layers to the...
  6. D

SMSL SU-8s Review (Balanced Stereo DAC)

Is there reason you do not want to use the preamp in Peace APO? I believe you should do the preamp setting in Peace APO, so that your increased EQ will not result in clipping of the signal. Reduce the volume on the DAC or in Windows can control the volume but will not prevent clipping.
  7. D

Airpods Pro 2

I have APP v1. It was a gift. The tonal balance is Ok, but not my preferred tuning. I find it mid focused; vocals are good. But treble is lacking; lack of openness or airiness. Bass is decent, but not as good as others with boosted bass. However, surprisingly APP has good soundstage for...
  8. D

What IEMs do you own?

My list including both IEM and TWS. From my most to least preferred: Tin HiFi T3 Plus. My most recent acquisition. Most fun to listen to. Has good bass boost that does not bleed too much into mids. Good details and instrument separation. Good soundstage. At least for IEM in this price...
  9. D

Moondrop enters the OE headphone market

Question is what they can do in 1 month. Cheap feel (plastic): Difficult to update physical design, like thicker plastic housing. You have to create new mold. For low volume product, it is not cost effect to create new mold. Unless Moondrop has money to burn. Or they have good confidence...
  10. D

General reliability of big Chinese brands?

I worked at one of the largest electronics company in the world; definitely the one with most revenue and money in the bank. People like to trash talk about this company, because its products are expensive and people think it's products are elitist. Reality is that this company's focus is to...
  11. D

I got the SU-8S from Drop during the last purchase round. I received the unit 1st week of August, so I have used it for 2 weeks now. Sources: PC with Gigabyte Z690 UD AX DDR4 motherboard (using USB connection) and Samsung S20 FE (using Bluetooth). Amp: Drop THX AAA One (thru RCA) Headphones...
  12. D

Moondrop enters the OE headphone market

Same argument applies to your statement. If you have couple products and do not have problem, that doesn't mean the company or products do not have QC issue.
  13. D

I wasn't familiar with this YouTuber. I checked the linked video. Luckily the videos are only 2-3 minutes. No real content. Just be controversial for click bait. He should be a politician. Just argue that anyone who have differing opinion are dumb, stupid, shit, etc. (I guess I'm one of...
  14. D

General reliability of big Chinese brands?

This is too generous or the expectation is too low. This is more in line reality, but still high for a good product. Electronics return rate can be like 5%. This is different than defect rate. Return can be due to consumer just changing their mind or not liking the product. The random...
  15. D

Although I don't have this product, here are my thoughts. For Amp, there can be noticeable difference in power output and volume. For DAC, unless there is some specific feature you are looking for, these entry level DAC are very similar. You already know your S9 is marginal in power. It might...
  16. D

THX AAA One is a much cheaper version of THX 789. I don't heard 789, but I read reviews on it. THX AAA One is close to entry level. The price started at $200, but often it is at $150. Then with coupons, can knock the price down further.
  17. D

I also bought SMSL SU-8S from Drop, and I just received it earlier this week. It is a great deal at $180 and $20 off summer coupon. For amp, I'm using Drop THX AAA One. Yeah, I'm all about performance to value, so Drop products and pricing catch my attention.
  18. D

Rank your headphones

My headphones ranking, from highest to lowest, along with my life story ;) Hifiman Sundara (9/10) I don't need to provide my review, as there are tons of review online. I love this headphone. Can be used as-is without EQ. Optional to boost bass depending on personal preference. I'm...
  19. D

Cheap Headphone Hangers?

I just bought these: The Anchor Pro $15 on Amazon. Not the cheapest. Fit 2 headphones. I like that the hooks are wide, which spread out the force on the headband. I did use screw for the mount. I am doubtful that the VHB adhesive will hold over time. My desk has a side cabinet. So I...
  20. D

This video is helpful. And can be used for selected info. Surprised I haven't seen this before. Never showed up in Youtube search. It does provide some relative information. HE400se, HE4XX, HE-X4 sound similar. HE5XX, Sundara, and HE6se sound different from previous group and from each...
Top Bottom