Search results

1. T

Sony MDR-7506 Review (Headphone)

My 7506's are going on 20 years old... I have replaced the ear pads a few times but other than that they are still kicking. I use PEACE for EQ on the head phones to give them that slightly more modern neutral sound. I occasionally think about switching up to a new/old pair of HD600's but...
  2. T

Topping E2x2 Audio Interface Review

Just noticed this one... so waiting for the next 3 or 4 to arrive. Still on my old umc404hd. The numbers may not be great but inserts and midi port are hard to beat. When topping delivers their e4x4 with 32-bit float, and the usable ports; digital, midi, inserts I will be waiting.
  3. T

Topping's new audio interface "E2X2" quick preview.

At twice the price. It won't take topping more than 2 or 3 revisions to match or exceed Focusrite.
  4. T

Topping's new audio interface "E2X2" quick preview.

This is quite exciting for those who actually use audio interfaces. Topping entering the market will push out the bottom and force the top to improve or drop their prices. Topping also puts out new hardware frequently so we can expect updates at a fresh pace rather than waiting 2 or 3 years for...
  5. T

Poll for Topping PA5 owners only please.

Topping has done themselves a fair bit of damage with the PA5. They release new products quarterly. I won't be buying any of their new releases going forward. I will wait at least a year to see that they don't just fall over. This is the second product in recent memory with issues.
  6. T

Sony MDR-7506 Review (Headphone)

With a bit of EQ and these old standbys stand up pretty well. It gets hard to justify the big-money headphones when the "improvements" are so small. Sacrilege on this forum I know but I am simply not blown away by the marginal improvements that come with the extra money.
  7. T

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

e50 or d10 balanced? Is there any point spending the extra doll hairs?
  8. T

Suggestion: more audio interface measurements

There hasn't been a lot of movement in audio interfaces in the last few years. They tend to be a mixed bag. Good inputs shit outputs, crap power supplies, or worse USB powered so the outputs are anemic. Drivers are usually a crap shoot on the window's side. Very hard to find inserts and midi...
  9. T

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

I would like a PA5 but until they recognize and correct the fault I'm not going to pull the trigger to buy one. It simply isn't worth playing a lottery on whether the hardware will work.
  10. T

Why you should feel sorry for HiFi reviewers

Active crossovers have improved average-sounding speakers significantly. Parametric EQs let us clean up a lot of design weakness Amps and DACs are transparent. Most recordings are crap. Every once in a while I hear a great soundtrack that is very cool but most of the time the recording quality...
  11. T

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Drop has the HD6xx on sale again for $219. I have been thinking about pulling the trigger on this for a while. The HD600 never seems to go on sale and the HD6xx can be eq'ed to achieve similar outcomes for about half the price.
  12. T

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

Sadly Amir does not update hardware reviews with issues that come to his knowledge. This is a bit disappointing but if you do a google search you should find PA5 and "steaming pile of ....." pretty quickly. At this point, I am surprised that anyone would purchase one. Given that they...
  13. T

Topping L50 Review (Headphone Amp)

Doh! 3.5mm is TRS adaptable 3-pin but Not being an electromagician it seems to me that the 4-pin XLR delivers 4 volts and the TRS delivers 2 volts it shouldn't matter whether voltage is delivered balanced or down one pair of wires. The voltage should remain the same. volts x amps =...
  14. T

Topping L50 Review (Headphone Amp)

The L50 has a 4pin XLR output and a 3.5mm stereo output. Back on page 1 in the review, The 4-pin measured 3.881vrms while the 3.5mm stereo jack measured 1.983vrms. To me, this suggests that it is not a bad idea to pick up a 4-pin to 3.5mm adapter in order to get more gain, "if you want it"...
  15. T

What the current Aiyima A07 actually needs.

The Meanwell digital power supplies are commonly used for grow lights. You use Samsung 304 LEDs. The current and voltage have to be dead nuts to deliver the right frequencies of light, when you take a reading with a light meter they deliver clean steady power to Samsungs color spec. No...
  16. T

Topping E30 II DAC Review

He has some excellent points and some stupid ones. I won't ever buy another bus-powered device with audio outputs. Underpowered outputs suck. Usability issues are real when it comes to the topping devices. It is in a cheap box, has poor user controls, and has no features to speak of. On...
  17. T

Topping L50 - too hot during normal operation?

My L50 is has just enough heat that my hands can feel the warmth but barely.
  18. T

Topping DM7 8-Channel DAC Review

I suspect you might want to use something like Equalizer APO on your Windows PC rather than the Windows sound control but that just me.
  19. T

Chinese Drivers

No that was what I was looking for. Thanks. I want to build a pair of two-way passive crossover flat reference speakers from scratch. mid-woofer and tweeter. I might add a subwoofer for movie nights but mostly I want to use them for dialog.
Top Bottom