Search results

1. L

Topping D50 III Balanced DAC with EQ Review

Maybe time to start ripping your CD collection. Or playback on a computer with a CDROM drive. IMO a media player like JRiver is so convenient and flexible.
  2. L

Huh?? You seem a bit uptight.
  3. L

Plastic PC mount TRS jacks can't handle much stress before breaking or solder connections fail.
  4. L

I don't really care how small the package is. I'd rather have XLR jacks and a display that's larger than a postage stamp.
  5. L

Very nice review. I'm glad for the PEQ. I hope this is just the beginning of built-in DSP.
  6. L

Proposal: Right to Fair Review (RFR) Association

I hope you and Erin will stand your ground. IMO, ASR is the best audio review source that exists. I read this comment on that RV video. It's not my comment: "I am a retired attorney. Among other issues, I defended hundreds of defamation claims during my 35 years of litigation practice. The...
  7. L

Proposal: Right to Fair Review (RFR) Association

About thirty years ago, I had a long telephone conversation with Ted Denney of Synergisic Research. He's a master BS artist. It was like listening to a cult leader. He talked about space particles, the planets and pixie dust. I swear he was making it up as he spoke. Back in the day there was no...
  8. L

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

Seems like everything needs pre-emphasis. CD wasn't perfect. I'll take hi-res.
  9. L

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

From what I've read, it was used on early CDs. Although, I'm not sure which ones or if a list of pre-emphasised CDs exists.
  10. L

Ascend Sierra-1 V2 Speaker Review

That maybe ok when playing by yourself but not when you're playing with a band. I use a strobe tuner with accuracy of ±.02 cents. I challenge anyone to tune that close by ear on a good day.
  11. L

I'd rather buy something that's been designed and checked against a reference tool than endless review cycles from magazines by guys with supposed golden ears. Will likely save me a lot money. I don't trust my ear to tune a guitar.
  12. L

Great review. I'm wondering what is the amplifier of choice for these speakers?
  13. L

Soncoz LA-QXD1 Balanced DAC Review

Don't buy anything from this manufacturer!
  14. L

WiiM Pro Plus Streamer Review

I'm sure a well designed product can offer both bit-perfect and DSP and the user can decide. I want the DAC to do the decoding when listening to DSD.
  15. L

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE - RIAA mode measurements

What type of Helium cooling? :D
  16. L

I don't want any resampling or transcoding from DSD to PCM. Let the user decide if it's inaudible by having the option to turn it on or off. That's how JRMC works.
  17. L

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE - RIAA mode measurements

I avoid using S/PDIF. It's limited and it's not asynchronous. Don't know why anyone is still using it.
  18. L

They're also supposedly going to make an "Ultra" version. I hope it has USB Audio Out.
  19. L

With so many options I sometimes find it difficult to understand if streaming devices would work for my needs. Anyone know if this one is capable of streaming ISO images and DSD files over a network connection?
Top Bottom