Search results

1. PaperBoat

Inside the JBL305P MkII

JBL 305p MKII has Cirrus Logic CS5341 ADC built-in. But I don't understand what is the meaning of "Supports All Audio Sample Rates". What is the upper limit of sample rates for Cirrus Logic CS5341 ADC? Cirrus Logic CS5341 ADC
  2. PaperBoat

Inside the JBL305P MkII

Because someone is worried about the digital crossover design of JBL and Kali. ⇣ dabassgoesboomboom
  3. PaperBoat

Inside the JBL305P MkII

Is DSP bad for studio monitors when compared to pure analogue design?
  4. PaperBoat

ifi Zen DAC and Headphone Amp Review

Not really... I'm running HQPlayer (trial) with Sinc-L and SDM out settings on my forceless 8GB AMD dual core Windoz rig without graphics card which can effortlessly play up to 24-bit 384kHz files.
  5. PaperBoat

HQplayer - do I need it?

Yes. You definitely need it.
  6. PaperBoat

Ask me questions.

Thanks for your response... I really appreciate your selfless efforts to answer our questions. I'm currently using JRiver to upsample my huge PCM collection to Native 4xDSD on the fly to feed my IFI Zen V2 DAC which is hooked up with a pair of JBL 305p MKii monitors. Is there any good reason to...
  7. PaperBoat

Ask me questions.

Yep...
  8. PaperBoat

Ask me questions.

Nope. absolutely not. Both JRiver and HQPlayer (test phase) end up with the same result. There is NO other DSP (EQ and whatever) processing at all. And it's not only me... Others (some of my friends and family) also attested to that discrepancy. I don't know about your device but my IFI Zen V2...
  9. PaperBoat

Ask me questions.

I know there is no chance to get "better" sound quality from my lossless PCM files... But it's actually not for getting further better sound "quality" at all. PCM to DSD Upsampling gave me a different taste of tune that native PCM failed to deliver. I know this is subjective but it's also true...
  10. PaperBoat

Ask me questions.

Because of your cheap sunglasses? Maybe somebody p** in the sea? :facepalm:
  11. PaperBoat

Ask me questions.

As I've been suggested by some knowledgeable that I should give up my DSD (DSD = *Don't Submit Dat* in ASR) concerns and stick to the PCM (PCM= *Post it Countless and Meaningless* in ASR) instead. But if you have the time, I would like to ask something related to PCM to DSD Upsampling. I'm...
  12. PaperBoat

DSD

That's really helpful. Thank you... :)
  13. PaperBoat

DSD

I meant very high frequency distortion. Maybe my wrong choice of words.
  14. PaperBoat

DSD

Got it. DSD = "Don't Submit Dat" again in ASR...
  15. PaperBoat

DSD

I thought ultrasonic noise will create a static vibration in tweeters which could cause rising temperature in tweeter coil...
  16. PaperBoat

DSD

Risk? seriously?
  17. PaperBoat

DSD

Thank you sir. There should be some noobs to give out your expertise. Isn't it?
  18. PaperBoat

DSD

That's very unfortunate for me! Because I'm certainly enjoying my DSD files greater than PCM (even hi-res). Means there's a risk?
  19. PaperBoat

DSD

Shouldn't be there an lpf in my DAC?
Top Bottom