Search results

1. D

Does EQ shelving have a more natural, less phasey sound than high passing?

I wondered which of the two are considered “cleaner”. A high pass, or a low shelf cut (up to like -30dB)?
  2. D

What’s your endgame speaker setup for critical listening?

If you had an unlimited budget…
  3. D

If you have a large room, are the smaller 8330/8331 Genelec speakers ever more beneficial over their larger counterparts?

Basically, when room space isn’t an issue, would you still purchase smaller Genelecs? And why?
  4. D

How does the metal Genelec tweeter compare to a ribbon tweeter (Adam) in regards to transient response/that 3D pop effect to get from ridged tweeters?

Metal dome tweeters have the edge over soft dome in regards to this “pop”, but how does it compare to ribbon?
  5. D

Is the tweeter crossover on the Genelec 83x0 line audible?

If the crossover on them isn’t audible then I may just skip getting “The Ones” and save myself some money…
  6. D

When using GLM, is there much of a difference in sonic quality between the Genelec 83x1 and 83x0 to justify the (over) doubling in price?

I’m looking to switch over to Genelec for a plethora of reasons - sound and build quality, their variety of accessories, GLM (to avoid the latency of Sonarworks) and its seamless expansion for an atmos setup, etc… The 8341/8351 w/sub seems like a pretty endgame setup, but I wondered if they are...
  7. D

How does the Genelec “The One” line compare to the Amphion studio monitors?

Looking for a new pair of mixing speakers. I hear good thinks about the Amphion’s, but I’m hoping to get some advice from someone who has heard both!
  8. D

Are the Genelec 8331's with GLM, the best bang for buck in that price range?

They run around £1700 each... The 8341 has better bass extension, but they're £700 more PER monitor, and at that price I could just get a sub.
  9. D

Would a passive radiator on an Auratone style speaker help create tighter bass more linear bass?

I plan on making a single driver speaker using a Dayton ND91 3 inch woofer. I was considering adding a 4” passive radiator at the rear but wasn’t sure if it would cause more issues than it might fix… I’m aiming for tight, flat bass, not extended bass.
  10. D

Any recommended driver brands, aside from Dayton?

I’m looking for 3-5” full(ish) range drivers, any recommendations?
  11. D

What's the difference between a single and dual passive radiator design?

What's the difference between a speaker that houses a rear passive radiator, such as the Amphion One15, and a dual sided radiator like the Focal Shape line?
  12. D

Advice on tweeter/woofer distance and crossover frequency

I’ve whittled my DIY speaker tweeter down to either a Titanium or AMT. What’s the best way of calculating woofer to tweeter distance, and ideal crossover frequency? It’s a passive speaker and ideally I want to have this crossover as low as possible - around 1.6-2kHz.
  13. D

Any recommended 3-5" full range driver brands?

Making my own Auratone-style mix reference monitor with a passive radiator. I'm looking for a freq range as flat as possible within around 80-120hz to 20kHz! Any suggestions?
  14. D

Passive radiator vs transmission line for DIY build

I’m attempting a DIY speaker build and wasn’t sure which porting method to go with… I know TL can be tricky, but does the bass extension hold much advantage over the radiator design?
  15. D

Any helpful resources for DIY speaker projects?

I want to make my own single woofer, Auratone style speaker to avoid crossover issues, and toy around with adding a passive radiator. This would just be a single mono speaker that I would use for mixing. My hope is to create a speaker that has a quick transient response, low distortion and is...
Top Bottom