Search results

1. S

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

I'm not currently on the market for speakers, but in the future, Tekton or anywhere that this clown works will be off the list. Culturally, that type of cry-baby badness can pervade the ethos of a company.
  2. S

DIY / low budget experiment to physically controll the listening zone - hierarchy of need for stereo setup

My room is rectangular at 6.5m (length) x 4m (width) x 2.4m (height). Because of doors, windows and access, i need to use this the 'wrong way'. That is, the speakers are along the long wall and I sit opposite against the rear long wall. Speakers are about 2m each from their nearest side...
  3. S

Listening via Android Auto (in the car)

Thanks and very grateful @staticV3 I do like the convenience plus the extra backup copy. 54 phones should be plenty to go after. My phone search was not smart.
  4. S

Listening via Android Auto (in the car)

I have an older Sony phone with 1GB microSD card and this has USB out to my car for android auto. Works perfectly for my local flac files and Qobuz via my phone. Phone needs replacing and not many new phones have MicroSD AND are desirable. I tried an external SSD via OTG cable splitter, but car...
  5. S

Windows PEQ with Logitec Media Server

Advice request please. Does anyone know if PEACE / EqualizerAPO works inline with my Windows 11 Logitec Media Server / player setup? Importantly. I want to avoid resampling, other than the obvious PEQ changes. I use the USB out to my SMSL DAC. I play mainly flac files with a good proportion of...
  6. S

TOPPING D90 III Sabre DAC Review

Topping if you read this, can you build a DAC with PEQ and / or a DSP device using your expertise?
  7. S

Sennheiser HD560S Review (Headphone)

I own the HD560S and listen with PEQ. I've wondered, read and been tempted by the call of "better" headphones. I'd asked here some months ago and was wisely advised to stay with the HD 560S. I recently ignored that advice and Amazon provided the HD600. I listened for 2-weeks with PEQ, The...
  8. S

Audiophile music player for Windows/Mac and your opinion...

Foobar most definitely lightweight compared to Musicbee. By clunky, I am thinking of the UI. This will be a preference thing. Similarly I have used different linux distro's, but now simply rolling with Debian for preference and ease.
  9. S

Strawberry. Open Source cross platform music player

I used this on my Linux machine a while back. Great app overall (basically it's Clementine, improved). Killer and essential feature is the direct output to a USB DAC. Have not used for a years or so, and now back to Debian, so will give it another try, just for fun.
  10. S

SoundArtist ("BBC") LS3/5A Speaker Review

Many people will favour the looks, the nostalgia sound preference (normalise to the sound?). None of those work for me, so unfortunately, voted "Poor".
  11. S

Audiophile music player for Windows/Mac and your opinion...

I use MusicBee. The right balance of getting all my music out to my DAC without drama and a feature set in the Goldilocks zone. Have used FB2k for a long time, largely because of familiarity and nostalgia, but as other mentioned, it works fine, it's a little clunky. I've tried Hysolid, but...
  12. S

I measured 10 subwoofers.

I also struggled / still struggle a bit with this. My low capacity brain works on the following. 1. What frequency range do I need covered? In my case its 65hz and lower 2. What dB levels do I need to match my speakers and listening levels? Can the sub produce that range of hz at a matching dB...
  13. S

I measured 10 subwoofers.

The data is just brilliant thank you. Combined with data presented by @sweetchaos I can consider and decide my personal best financial compromise. This is exactly what most members here need.
  14. S

TempoTec Sonata BHD Pro Portable DAC & Amp Review

@Bicep You would only use the SU1 as a desktop or main system DAC plus, you would need to buy a headphone amplifier to connect to it. This device has both the DAC and the headphone amp in one small unit. If you are using IEMs or other relatively easy to drive headphones, it is likely all you...
  15. S

TempoTec Sonata BHD Pro Portable DAC & Amp Review

Thanks @amirm This is a fabulous device! With the price, spec and volume controls, I'd buy right now if I didn't already have my E1DA 9038D that I bought back when you reviewed it. It might not be long before that 'King' of small form factor dongles is matched or beaten.
  16. S

Advice for Windows 11 digital only 2.1 audio software to USB DAC

@nsfgp Thanks for the top tips. Had been using LMS (Fdroid) to control things from my mobile phone and tablet. It is workijg just as it should with my new Windows setup.
  17. S

Thanks @boxerfan88 I'll have a good play with this.
  18. S

Thanks @nsfgp have it working. May need to look more closely once everyone is in bed as I couldn't get Squeezelite-X to pick a player until i got local player app running.
  19. S

NAD C298 Stereo Amplifier Review

I have a NAD3020i of 1989 or 1990 vintage. It's advertised 40W was better than an 80W amp at driving my (even then) ancient Celestion Ditton 44 speakers It's had op amps replaced and dry joints fixed in about 1996, and has been otherwise flwless. I can really see why NAD built its reputation...
  20. S

Thanks @Zek I haven't used F2K for about 20 years. I'd had a very quick read, but didn't see how to control it and music selection / playback without turning the TV on and using it like a nearfield setup. Will look harder!
Top Bottom