Search results

1. regan

Is room treatment significant if i only listen at low volumes?

Will I experience a significant audio improvement or is this only true for medium to high listening volumes?
  2. regan

Is it possible to connect Wiim Pro+ to a Kali monitor and run without PC/Laptop?

Bassically the title. I'm willing to play music from my phone. Is wiim pro+ all I need to connect to my Kali (IN8 v2)?
  3. regan

How is it possible for the Subwoofer of a cheap 2.1 system to reach frequencies AS LOW AS 5HZ?

I thought low frequencies under 40hz require a standalone "real subwoofer". Not to mention under 20hz which would require top stuff. Am I wrong here? I mean clearly i'm wrong, but does that mean the low frequency is not such a big deal in evaluating a sub's performance? The system in question...
  4. regan

Add Bluetooth to Studio Monitors without quality loss

I want to make my studio monitors (kali lp8v2) be able to play wirelessly from my phone. Without affecting audio quality. Would adding a wiim mini/pro to the dac do that? A combo like Topping DO100 (or any other dac idk what to choose) + Wiim would be able to play tidal lossles from my phone?
  5. regan

Uhm... Minidsp Flex Digital vs Minidsp Flex Analog?

What is the difference between the two? I plan on using it with wharfedale linton or kef r3 plus a svs sub. Hope this question won't get me banned lol
  6. regan

Kali LP-8v2 vs LP-6v2

Why is it such a big preference score difference between the two? LP8-v2: Preference Score 5.1 with EQ 5.3 LP6-v2: Preference Score 5.9 with EQ 6.4 Is the LP8 that much worse than LP6? For nearfield listening I was aiming to buy LP8 given its better bass but after seeing these scores I'm not...
  7. regan

Is it safe to buy second hand speakers? In my case KEF R3

I've found a good deal (maybe too good) for a pair of R3s but I'm anxious about buying them since I don't want to get fooled... The seller states they are 2 yrs old. Are there any ways of testing them to make sure everything's ok and nothing is broken with them? I don't have a mic and know...
  8. regan

Does adding a sub to kef R3 reduce the listening fatigue?

I've read many statements that the R3s are too "analytical" and they are fatiguing because of it. Would adding an svs1000 pro solve this?
  9. regan

Is it worth it buying a miniDSP SHD with dirac if I don't have a sub?

I mean will the audio improvement after room correction be significant? Is it worth the 1k price if I don't have a sub? I noticed most of the people use miniDSP to integrate subs, that's why I'm curious.. Edit: My speakers would be KEF R3 or Wharfedale Linton
  10. regan

Can I use laptop+TOPPING D10S+umik+REW/dirac instead of MiniDSP flex?

If it is indeed possible what are the downsides? Would there be significant differences in audio quality between these two options? MiniDSP Flex is like 650 euros in the EU and I don't know if it's worth it especially if I can do the laptop trick. I'm willing to do speakers EQ and sub crossover.
  11. regan

Is miniDSP 2x4 HD really that bad?

I was considering buying it for EQ but after reading Amir's review I'm not that sure anymore. Does anyone have experience with this device? Does it negatively affect the sound in a significant manner?
  12. regan

Which one for low/medium volume auditions? KEF R3 vs LS50 meta | both options with SB1000PRO

I have the opportunity to buy them at the same price (around 1000 euros, new). Unsure which pair to choose for low volume. I've seen R3 praised for its soundstage and details at high volume. But would it keep up at low and medium volumes? I will add a sub regardless what I choose.
  13. regan

Budget Amp for KEF R3? Halp!

Until i can save some money for a proper hypex amp and dac i need a decent budget solution. Which amp (preferably with dac included) would be better for an R3? Budget around $200 or so
  14. regan

New active speakers just bought. Is it normal for the Highs to come out of the ... woofer?

Just bought a brand new pair of Edifier S3000PRO. They don't sound good, proper highs missing. I've tried different connections (USB and BT) and played with the Treble/Bass buttons from the back with no success. There's absolutely no sound whatsoever coming out of the tweeter. I made a test...
  15. regan

Which one is better? RCA vs XLR

Is XLR significantly better than RCA? If that's the case then why don't big manufacturers use them on their products? Kef r3, ls50 meta, elac dbr 62 etc. don't have XLR.
Top Bottom