Search results

1. C

iPod Classic distortion issues

Had the same issue when I was using my 5th gen iPod directly with earphones (quite some time ago :)). When directly using earphones, low frequencies were distorted at higher volume levels without applying any EQ. EQ definitely will make things worse. I suppose it's in large parts a problem of...
  2. C

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

When asking ChatGPT 3.5 about the identity of NwAvGuy it gives the following answer which seems pretty spot-on to me (2023/12/26): "The true identity of NwAvGuy remains undisclosed, and he chose to remain anonymous during his online presence. The focus was on the ideas and designs rather than...
  3. C

TempoTec Sonata BHD Pro Portable DAC & Amp Review

"...make sounds more abundant and various..." ;) Looks like they intend to implement EQ settings for genres and selected headphones/earphones - just like with the L&P W4/W4EX. Only that the BHD Pro lacks any kind of UI and display which means that all settings must be applied via firmware and...
  4. C

Is there any written documentation about this feature? They seem to be rather challenged with regard to documentation and software development.
  5. C

There seems to be a new version of the BHD Pro firmware available (https://www.tempotec.net/pages/firmware-download). It's a pity that a documentation of the function changes is almost completely missing. The only information given is the following: "The firmware “S-BHDPRO-HMF1.01.bin” is the...
  6. C

Some data on dongle compatibility with iPhone 15

I installed the Tempotec Sonata BHD 2.0 firmware onto my two Sonata HD Pro dongles. No issue with installation at all. Now they finally work attached to the USB-C port of the iPhone 15 Pro Max running iOS 17. Moreover, the installed 'wrong' firmware introduced more volume steps allowing finer...
  7. C

Creative SXFI AMP Review (headphone adapter)

Thanks for the heads up. I have updated the fimware on my SXFI and created a new profile. Due to the not so convincing effect and sound quality of the previous version I never really used the spatialization function. With the new version it has gotten much better. It is, however, still not on...
  8. C

A bit OT, but can you say something about the power consumption of the L&P W4. Did you happen to messure it? Or can you estimate how much shorter the runtime of your dap/phone is?
  9. C

For me it works well on iPhone 6s, 11 pro max and 15 pro max. However, the volume steps are so small and each change takes so much time that using this dongle with in-ears and headphones with different sensitivity/power requirements is very impractical and even dangerous due to the memory...
  10. C

Ah, so it's not a v15 issue with the E1DA DACs but an iOS 17 one. Thanks for the clarification. Still puzzles me why the Sonata HD Pro doesn't work when the S8 does.
  11. C

So, it's an older firmware that I'm running which has no issues?
  12. C

I thought this might be of interest for the small group of iPhone users considering the purchase of an iPhone 15. So here's the result of a basic functionality test of some dongle DACs attached to an iPhone 15 Pro Max running iOS 17.0.3: Ok are: Apple USB-C dongle ;) Creative SXFi E1DA 9038D...
  13. C

BTW, it seems to save the last chosen volume level. So no safeguard with auto resetting to a low level.
  14. C

Got one for 61 USD and I'm quite happy with its performance. It has a good low impedance handling (e.g. Symponium Helios) and is pretty powerful in balanced mode. The main downside from a usability standpoint for me is the lack of support for the phone's volume regulation under iOS combined...
  15. C

Focal Bathys

I see. But then again any cabled headphone is lossless ;).
  16. C

Focal Bathys

Enjoy! But personally I find it a bit disappointing that there is (still) no LDAC support. (Don't know if this is even possible just by firmware update).
  17. C

Solid State driver IEM on the horizon

@oratory1990 Thanks for the technical background. Are there any measurements available? And do you know if any of the implementations of this technology are capable of adequately reproducing frequencies in the 20-50 Hz range?
  18. C

Solid State driver IEM on the horizon

"Sounds like" in the sense of "looks like" or in the sense of "actually does sound like"? ;)
  19. C

Beyerdynamic T1 Review (V2 headphone)

It's this one: https://www.beyerdynamic.de/kopfband-custom.html And yes, faux leather and possibly again not very durable. Still, for 15 Euro the price seems ok to me for maybe five years of use.
  20. C

Beyerdynamic T1 Review (V2 headphone)

Had the very same issue with a T5P Gen. 2. It's the headband themselves. They do it even without any contact with other materials. Very poor quality. Even more so for the price. I contacted Beyerdynamic and the replacement parts would have been way too expensive. I therefore went for the...
Top Bottom