Search results

1. C

RME ADI-2 DAC fs against the Topping D90SE

I am gob smacked at what I am reading, the 'deafness' of those who don't rely on what they are hearing but more on the specs...which are really only a human construct as is the equipment used to measure things! It's like going backwards in time to 490 BCE just before Pythagorus began to realize...
  2. C

Yes did some level matching with 500 and 1000 test tones, multimeter voltage test then a 20 to 20,000 sweep but to me the ADI seemed a little louder than the D90SE but I think it was because the ADI had a more pronounced top-end. Therein lies the human element/focus! Age has caught up with me...
  3. C

Thank you all for your responses, most of you are very kind while some others quite embittered. I am new here and am unaware of all the conventions in play. However, I thought to stimulate some debate over my findings (quite a simple test) would be a good thing and not made with any malice...
  4. C

Isn't the whole idea of 'listening' subjective and it may help others in their decisions. Why did you bother to bother?
  5. C

I had heard so much hype about the Topping D90SE I decided to buy it and compare against my RME ADI-2. Here is what I heard. Caveats: Before I get started I wish to state I have no idea what the engineers were trying to attempt when they recorded the music I was listening to. All I can do is...
  6. C

Topping D90SE Measurements (DAC)

Great Job...I just purchased the unit and read that 3 or 7 are the best modes but my listening revealed 5 was best and there it lies!
  7. C

Pass Labs XA25 for Revel F228be?

Hi I am running the F228be with the Pass XA25 in a small room (3.74m x 4.76m) and find that the speakers need more grunt with dynamic pieces. A number of years ago I purchased a Burson Buffer Amp (single ended Class A design) so I decided to plug this in between my DAC (RME ADI-2 DAC) and the...
Top Bottom