Search results

1. G

Dan Clark E3 Headphone Review

Coming from someone who owned the OG Ether and currently owns the Ether 2, something tells me that E3 = Ether 3 :) I have listened extensively to the Expanse and Stealth, but could never get past the price point. Definitely looking forward to giving these a listen at Can Jam next year.
  2. G

SMSL SH-8S Review (headphone amplifier)

The SH-8s is on sale now for only $130 over at Drop! The estimated ship date is December 23rd, but it's $100 off the current selling price in most places. I ordered one for a second system. Link here: https://drop.com/buy/smsl-sh-8s-amplifier
  3. G

SMSL SU-8s Review (Balanced Stereo DAC)

I saw that pop up this morning too... Great price on a really nice DAC! I got one for my main headphone stack back in November and have been really pleased with the sound. FWIW, the cheapest ever been on Amazon is $306, so this a really good deal!
  4. G

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

[email protected] just responded to my question above with the following: "Pls purchase at shenzhenaudio.com, we ship directly from China with the latest one. And we will also ship via DHL express about 3-7days to reach you, no worries." Guess that confirms the revision of the current...
  5. G

@SHENZHENAUDIO Do you know if your inventory currently sitting in Amazon's warehouses in the USA is the revised version which addresses the 3rd harmonic issue discussed here and elsewhere? Link here: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08K7HL8SG/
  6. G

I have a SU-8 V2 which makes a little power supply noise the first time I turn it on after connecting it to mains power. I power cycle it once and the noise goes away until I disconnect and reconnect the power again. I don't hear the noise in the audio output, only from the DAC itself. It has...
  7. G

Loxjie D30 DAC and Headphone Amplifier Review

I usually stream Tidal via Chromecast Audio to the optical input. When I want higher resolution than the 24/96 Chromecast supports I connect USB directly. As for it sounding more "musical", the sound seems more cohesive and integrated to me than the D50 did - if that makes any sense. Instead of...
  8. G

Sorry to hear you are having issues with them as well. I agree that their customer service and communication is dismal. My D30 finally showed up Tuesday. For the benefit of everyone considering ordering from them, here was the timeline for my order: 11/17: Order placed - I selected "Send from...
  9. G

I ordered it from HiFi-express over a month ago, so it is supposedly in transit. I am in the USA and ordered it from them because they were linked in several YouTube reviews of the D30. I will likely have to order it from someone else to get it by Christmas, but that's not the point... It was in...
  10. G

Oh I have ordered from AliExpress and Banggood on multiple occasions so I know what to expect. That being said, when I order stuff from the Banggood US warehouse it shows up in within a week as expected. When I ordered this from the HiFi-express website they said it was shipping from the US...
  11. G

Update on my situation with HiFi-express... They failed to deliver on their promise of my D30 being delivered "within a week". The USPS tracking information has been updated daily for the last four days, but the bottom line is that USPS still hasn't received it yet. This is a Christmas present...
  12. G

Just in case anyone has been considering ordering one of these from HiFi-express, my experience with them has been horrible. I placed my D30 order on November 17th, and when I did I selected "US" in the "Send from" category choice. On November 23rd they e-mailed me a China Post tracking number...
  13. G

Monoprice Liquid Platinum Headphone Amp Review

That is a picture of a pre-production unit. Original source was Alex Cavalli himself back in April of last year - long before it started shipping: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/monoprice-monolith-liquid-platinum-by-alex-cavalli.876406/page-4#post-14188306 I have yet to see a photo of the...
  14. G

Review and Measurements of Fiio K3 DAC & Amp

I figured that might be the case - IT guy here too :) Well the Fiio (XMOS) driver seems to make a difference (to my ears) in 2.0 mode versus the default Win10 UAC 2.0 driver (build 1803). No idea if it measures differently.
  15. G

There is no driver included "in the box". USB 1.0 mode doesn't need a driver and USB 2.0 mode seems to have a driver built into Windows 10, but I heard a difference with the driver from the Fiio website. Again, this was a subjective difference I heard since I don't have a way to run...
  16. G

Nice review @amirm. A few questions/comments: It should have come with two pair of adhesive rubber feet in the box - mine did. They were not pre-installed but they were in there. Did you use the default Win10 driver (assuming you're using Win10) or did you download the driver from the Fiio...
  17. G

SMSL SU-8 Version 2 Balanced DAC

I only experience the noise on initial power up after the unit has been unplugged. As long as mains power stays connected to the DAC I never experience the noise again. I noticed it because I was switching off the power strip the DAC was connected to when not in use. Again, not a big deal for...
  18. G

Review and Measurements of Mytek Brooklyn DAC

Interesting piece that I wasn't aware of - $4000 USD. I will definitely try to give it a listen, but no built in phono stage, AES/EBU, or HDMI inputs.
  19. G

Review and Measurements of Mytek Brooklyn DAC

The new Brooklyn Bridge adds built in streaming (but loses AES/EBU): https://mytekdigital.com/hifi/products/brooklyn-bridge/ I like the functionality of the Brooklyn Bridge, but the new Simaudio Moon 390 is on my radar as a "next step" DAC with integrated streaming and all of the other features...
  20. G

Review and Measurements of DACPort HD and Dragonfly Red

I grabbed a used DACport HD off of eBay after reading this review. I was using a LH Labs Geek Out 720 for laptop listening, but wanted something with a physical volume control and that didn't run extremely warm (arguably hot) to the touch. The DACport HD is a really nice device... Very small...
Top Bottom