Search results

1. F

Moondrop x Crinacle DUSK

Apparently the nozzle is around 5.5mm. Isn't that thinner than average, and so more comfortable for some?
  2. F

Oh my word! TOPPING is about to release an IEM!

Was JohnYang1997 involved with this design?
  3. F

Why are there no female Audiophiles?

I think women will represent half the audiophile population around about the same time as they do in roofing crews.
  4. F

Even Margot Robbie loves vintage HiFi.

Forgive the sexism, but I bet she is not into audio at all and one of her many assistants had the task to provide the machinery for music, when she had a whim for it one day. No matter how much we can fantasize a woman like that would be interested in such things, it does not seem like it could...
  5. F

Drummers you can't mistake

Carter Mclean and Dimsunk are two of my favorites of modern players. Unmistakable in terms of level and groove, I suppose. Not sure I could pick them out blind.
  6. F

Best 'Bang for your buck' IEM - Poll

Spinfit w1. The foamies that came with the Hexa were pretty good, just a bit small. I have ordered some Symbio foams and their hybrids W tips as well. The original Ws were too stiff in the past when I tried them and uncomfortable; the formula has changed so we'Il see. I liked the concept of that...
  7. F

Best 'Bang for your buck' IEM - Poll

Once I found tips that sealed at the right depth the Hexa turned out to be a winner for me.
  8. F

"Pro" Active Speaker Aesthestics

The Neumanns are acceptable in a utilitarian way. I could not live with Genelecs. They look like a 1950s conception of The Future.
  9. F

Hilary Hahn Shreds

Closely mic'd, and also compression
  10. F

Hexa is bright

Ok, with foamies again and jammed in my ears they sound like the graph now. Very very nice.The praise for these is deserved. I like them better than the Senn 560 and 6xx. Better than Etys as well, and for me Etymotic are above the Senns.
  11. F

Element III MK2 = New Knob and EQ Firmware

Please explain those frequency adjustments, as I do not understand. Why are all the mid upper mid and treble frequencies within most instrument voices not adjustable, where the ear is most attuned/sensitive? A lot of important control would be at say 3kh and 6kh for instance, or say where female...
  12. F

Hexa is bright

The fome tips improved things. The others don't work well at alI. I still hear the Hexa as bright though, like in a wispyness to male vocal sometimes, or on a recording of nylon string guitar suddenly I hear a lot of right hand fingernail. I am liking these more tonight though, and with the...
  13. F

Hexa is bright

A lot of iems sound weird and unnatural to me with too much or too little of something or other even when the graphs are coherent (with the exception of Etys), and I conclude something is unusual about my ear canal. The deep insertion of the Etymotics bypasses the problem.
  14. F

Hexa is bright

I have some spinfits coming. Better ear seal amd depth I suspect will fix things. The stock smalls sounded quite bad.
  15. F

Hexa is bright

The Hexa is very bright for me and it might be partly a tip issue. The narrow bore mediums sounded best while still being overlit, with highs in voice pushed forward and snare having a weird attack etc...Are there tips that even things out? The sound was quite different between the stock smalls...
  16. F

Wife Says Sounds Better From Kitchen, etc.

Rather strong take on it. Maybe some mild condescension, I suppose. The error is the reviewer cliche, "even my friend, who isn't into gear....."
  17. F

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero Red

Looks like a less bright Blessing 3. I will get this instead.
  18. F

Genelec ( again) @ Purité Audio London

Love the Genelecs and all, but that is a great little sweater jacket the small audio consultant is wearing.
  19. F

Sennheiser HD560S Review (Headphone)

I think non eq'd the 6xx is the least compromised, and the best buy overall of the Senn 6, and 560.
Top Bottom