Search results

1. R

Denon PMA-900HNE

I think companies like McIntosh or NAD are big on reputation, and small enough to give good support. Denon is just a mass produced product for Best Buy and the likes...so it's an accountant figuring out how to best help you, and then hiring minimum wage people to implement it :(
  2. R

Denon PMA-900HNE

I think this will happen to us all at some point in time. I know mine was when I bought a flagship Sony cell phone, only to have Sony roll back features due to "Business Patent" issues, and break bluetooth when streaming to my car. They wouldn't do anything about it. I swore off Sony, and...
  3. R

Denon PMA-900HNE

What happened?
  4. R

Denon PMA-600NE Integrated Amplifier Review

There is a used one selling in Ottawa for $350 Canadian. Good price.
  5. R

I just want to add that after reading 18 pages, no one has commented that what you get with Denon (or Marantz) is software. My background (a long time ago) was software and hardware for large networking products and the running joke is that we often gave the software for free, even though we...
  6. R

Thanks for the links. The youtube webinar is very good. I looked at the 900HNE vs 600NE, and it looks like a different power transformer and much more shielding. Looks like they did more work on the 900HNE to eliminate noise, and they of course classified the 600NE as midrange, and 900HNE as...
  7. R

I'm currently saving up for a PMA-900HNE, specifically, for the H (HEOS) part, as I enjoy the multi-room audio, and I have a turntable that I rarely use and some CDs, but Amazon music streaming is the King in our house. I really can't be bothered to change records or CDs anymore. However, in...
  8. R

Denon PMA-900HNE

Yeah, I’m now rethinking my strategy and maybe doing a A/B speaker setup is not as good as just getting a Denon receiver with Zone capability.
  9. R

Denon PMA-900HNE

Oh geez! A very bad typo! I meant “a HEOS capable Denon receiver”. Sorry! Corrected my post.
  10. R

Denon PMA-900HNE

Thank you!
  11. R

Denon PMA-900HNE

Do you by any change have the Denon AVR Remote app? Is it possible through that? Thanks!
  12. R

Denon PMA-900HNE

Hi everyone, I'm looking for anyone that has a Denon PMA-900HNE, or a HEOS capable Denon receiver with A/B speakers. I want to have speakers A be in my living room, and speaker B, be just one speaker that I run a wire to my outdoor speaker. Is possible to control turning on Speaker B from the...
  13. R

Amazon Echo Link

@navin I would also echo what @zeropoint wrote. I have the Echo Link, and a Synology NAS and use DS Audio! You cannot play music from your Synology NAS to your Amazon Echo. Synology DS Audio can only play to UPNP or AirPlay speakers, like the Denon Home 150 speaker or my Denon AVR-S660H...
  14. R

Trying to decide between some used (older) speakers

Just found the prices in Canada. $500 + tax for the Elac and 350 plus tax for the JBL. Hard to find those used.
  15. R

Thank you all for your feedback. Didn’t know what to look for in aging speakers. Very helpful! Please note that I’m in Canada and the conversion rate is not good. All the used prices I noted are in Canadian:) otherwise, the elacs would be a good deal. Trying to keep some used equipment going...
  16. R

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a pair of bookshelves for my 5.1 setup, with a Denon AVR-660H. I don't listen at loud volumes as my kids sleep early. I have a small living room, about 12 feet by 12 feet, with the back of the couch open to the dining room, also the same size. I have some Polk Audio...
  17. R

Amazon Echo Link

Glad to hear you are using your Echo Link. It is weird that they restricted it to only use it as an "Echo" speaker only, and they are still using A2DP and not aptX for Bluetooth. I think they could only crap so much as they have the line in, and optical in, and opted for basic wireless...
  18. R

Amazon Echo Link

Hi everyone, Just picked up a used one from eBay for $125, as I listen to Amazon HD, and was using a first gen Echo Dot, with the Auxiliary out to a Sony STR-6800SD, with used Yamaha NS-BP200 bookshelf speakers. Needless to say, the analog output of the Echo Dot was so weak, that I had to turn...
  19. R

Denon HEOS AMP HS2 (not the Link)

Happy Holidays everyone, I've searched the forums and the internet, and haven't much about the Denon HEOS AMP HS2. I found things about the "Link", but the only place I found user feedback on the Amp was from the Denon website reviews/comments section...
Top Bottom