Search results

1. Vive la dissonance!

TOPPING D90 III Sabre DAC Review

I rated this only "Fine." State-of-the-art performance, sure, but inaudibly better only, than numerous choices with more features or cheaper prices.
  2. Vive la dissonance!

Poll: How do you primarily listen to audio at home?

Stereo tower speakers and a pair of subwoofers*. *I need, yes need, to hear clearly and with miminized distortion things like contrabassoon, church organ pedals, double basses and such.
  3. Vive la dissonance!

Why buy or use CDs when streaming is more convenient?

Except for the storage space, which is frankly perfectly manageable even for my collection of some 3,000 or so CDs, I find playing CDs more convenient, not less. I prefer to not have to fire up a computer and monitor, launch an app, scroll through what is often for classical music a poorly...
  4. Vive la dissonance!

Do RCA cables matter ? if so, recommend one.

They matter only in so far as they are robustly manufactured, and appeal to or satisfy your taste in terms of visual æsthetics.
  5. Vive la dissonance!

The new Schiit Kara seems much better than Freya S, any info on it?

I, for one, am hoping Schiit's published specs are accurate.
  6. Vive la dissonance!

Tice Power Conductor 2 Vintage AC Cable Review

My sentiments precisely, and I had a similar experience. I didn't buy into the cable-oil stuff, but I was seriously looking at spending some major cash on tubes and such. I'm grateful for Amir's reviews and the discussions here for helping me make more informed decisions!
  7. Vive la dissonance!

Hilary Hahn Shreds

I have the new Hahn Ysaÿe. Absolutely fantastic! Great sound, range, and imagination. Anyone who appreciates her playing will surely like this release.
  8. Vive la dissonance!

New Hypex Nilai500DIY modules )

Now with an installed custom face plate:
  9. Vive la dissonance!

Nordost SuperFlatLine Speaker Cable Review

You see, the thing is: that horse is apparently yet alive and still, yes still, kicking.
  10. Vive la dissonance!

How to wash an amplifier board?

What about chunky peanut butter and neighborhood dogs?
  11. Vive la dissonance!

Just be sure to load two amps so the spin cycle is balanced.
  12. Vive la dissonance!

I just use my dish washer. Set it to "pots and pans" or "heavy", and "high heat" as well as "heat to dry" or the like. Also, probably don't leave it plugged in and switched on, unless you have a state-of-the-art power conditioner and very high-quality power cable. Note that some washers' doors...
  13. Vive la dissonance!

Is the entire audio industry a fraud?

Oh, man, but I really want to ask!
  14. Vive la dissonance!

Audiophiles, generally don't like class D amps!

You know what, you're right. I'm a measurebator and proud of it! Now, where's my t-shirt?
  15. Vive la dissonance!

Class D FAQ

Thank you for this update. Here's the thing. We have a couple posters on ASR hounding us relentlessly with the supposedly critical importance of measuring SINAD at bandwidths well above 20 kHz, even up to 80 kHz or higher. I decided to take a moment to consider this. It's been remarked on...
  16. Vive la dissonance!

It's hardly his point of view in itself that seems objectionable; it's his way of crudely insulting everyone he is supposedly trying to convince, and the founder of this site.
  17. Vive la dissonance!

No one with pretentions of being a respected contributor should be using language like this.
  18. Vive la dissonance!

Is the entire audio industry a fraud?

It's an interesting phenomenon around here, and elsewhere, especially in "discussions" about class D amplifiers: bickering over minor distortion in frequencies so high and at such low amplitude that dogs or even bats would struggle to hear any of it.
  19. Vive la dissonance!

New Hypex Nilai500DIY modules )

Certainly not the enclosure itself, at least!
Top Bottom