Search results

1. K

SMSL D-6s Balanced DAC Review

Does this DAC have a DAC only mode, where the volume knob is bypassed? I would love to have the RCA’s connected to a headphone amp (in 2.5v DAC only mode - D6s volume know bypassed) and have the XLR’s connected to my powered monitors in pre amp mode so I can use the volume control on the D6s...
  2. K

JDS Atom Amp 2 Headphone Amplifier Review

I’m trying to clarify if using the full 2.5v is ok with the original Atom in low gain, as they only said the Atom+ and Atom2. I will be getting an Atom2 though at some point as the extra power is welcomed.
  3. K

Here is what JDS just told me. Hi Kane. Thanks for checking. Using the full 2.5V signal is completely safe and fine to use in the Low gain position of Atom Amp+ or Atom Amp 2. If you switch to high gain, you will hear clipping (distortion) unless the DAC volume is reduced slightly. No damage...
  4. K

Can I ask, I currently have an original Atom amp and will at some point get the new version as the low gain mode on the original Atom is not quite loud enough for my ATH-R70x when mixing music (low gain/full volume is enough on mastered tracks). If paired either the original or version 2 of the...
  5. K

Audeze MM-100

When I'm mixing in headphones, I prefer ones that don't make things sounds too wide, because when panning instruments, as headphones separate left and right so much more than you would hear on speakers in a room (unless using software that tries to emulate that) it means I tend to not pan as...
  6. K

Audeze MM-100

So why not sell them or trade them?
  7. K

Recommendation of a AK4499EX-Based DAC?

Is there a reason manufacturers keep making new chips if they all sound the same? Why not just stick with what they have and let the companies who make DAC's etc keep buying those chips to build their gear with? I understand if they add new features to the chips.
  8. K

Audeze MM-100

I think there are less people having issues than there were. Some of the time, people had not pushed the cable in far enough. One reviewer showed that you can plug a mic into one of the ports and phones in the other too and that they are then an outstanding gaming headset.
  9. K

Audio-Technica ATH-R70x Review (Headphone)

I have thicker pads on mine, use them for mixing and they are very comfortable and my mixes translate really well. Great headphones for this purpose.
  10. K

Weiss DAC501 Streamer and DAC Review

A company who has a good rep again in the Audiophile and recording industry, but fails to better much cheaper devices on ASR.
  11. K

Audeze MM-100

This guy has done a series of MM100 reviews now, comparing them to other headphones he has. Just subjective opinions but still pretty encouraging to me. Here is the first one he did.
  12. K

Audeze MM-100

Makes sense as it's the most important region to get right when mixing.
  13. K

Audeze MM-100

It seems the QC may be a bit off, probably due to the release date being pushed back all the time, so they were rushing? The Sony merger probably causing some turmoil. I hope the next run of them will have ironed out the kinks.
  14. K

Audeze MM-100

I am now seeing $549 and $599 prices for the MM100. Some places still showing the $399, but are we now thinking they have decided to charge more?
  15. K

TOPPING Audio Interfaces Coming soon!

Totally get you. To be honest, my old TC interface, although it came with a wall wart, I always ran it straight from the Firewire for convenience, even though performance (specs) were meant to improve with the wall wart. But if you can run the power from the laptop via a second USB cable, then...
  16. K

You can still run the power from a computer USB port, you would just have two USB cables, one for data and the other for power (maybe).
  17. K

I am hoping the bigger brothers will have at least 2 balanced line inputs (4 would be better) that bypass the preamps and a set of balanced line out puts (plus the ones for the monitors), so rack gear can be used during mixing in a "hybrid setup". I personally don't need mic preamps as I'll...
  18. K

USB audio interfaces interest

Oh great, thanks. So in terms of sound quality, all of the ULN-2's and 2882's will be on par? I was thinking of picking up a 2882, as I don't need mic preamps in my interface, just line ins and outs. My MBP still has firewire (as well as Thunderbolt 1) and even when I upgrade, I should be able...
  19. K

USB audio interfaces interest

Me too, as these can now be picked up at a reasonable price on the used market. However, they are Firewire I believe so not sure if Amir can test Firewire interfaces? Do you not what the 2D and 3D upgrades do? What is upgraded? Thanks
  20. K

£10k Lavry Vs £100 Focusrite

What, his mixing tips? He simply talks people through EQ and compression techniques etc. Can you give an example of of how he hype's things, as I don't think I'm getting you?
Top Bottom