Search results

1. H

Review and Measurements of Fiio K5 Pro

Thanks for that, good info. I connected a Music Fidelity amp via the LO and this AMP stayed very clean and funnily enough, didn't have the distortion it has coming from other DACs I own at higher volumes. Only thing was, it was pretty bright. I'm currently using the K5Pro as a Headphone Amp...
  2. H

Review and Measurements of Fiio K5 Pro

Can I ask what I'm hoping aren't daft questions... When using the Line Out... Is this the same as DAC only mode and I can connect an external headohone amp to bypass the units own amp? Also, when connected to Windows, if I use Tidal should I leave the Disable MQA Rendering unchecked? Lastly...
  3. H

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

Sabaj A10h and SMSL Sanskrit 10th II
  4. H

Hifiman HE400SE Review (Headphone)

When I literally place my hand on the top of the device, it goes away entirely? I'm going to try it from another plug point in the house
  5. H

I should add, the k5 pro used as a DAC/AMP is nicer with the 400se. The ESS DAC seems to pair better than the AK4993 in the SMSL. This will be down to preference. Slightly thinner, airier sound of the ESS Vs slightly bolder, but still detailed sound of the AK. Both combos are great to test and...
  6. H

So got the K5 Pro to compare against the Sabaj A10h to see which one was better with the he400se. It was my intention to replace the A10h as I felt it was nice sounding, but lacked the power for the 400se. I'll need to give my ears some adjusting to the FIIO before giving my verdict, but I do...
  7. H

Sabaj A10h Review (Headphone Amplifier)

I'm just glad it was nothing I was doing wrong tbh with the A10h. Glad that someone else can confirm higher volumes is needed with the he400se. I'll stick by it for now as I only got it yesterday. I'll do some more reading on the k5 Pro and atom+ as backup choices in the meantime
  8. H

There's no gain function on the V-CAN. Did you get any background noise with the A10h and he400se pairing at the higher volumes? It may be my desktop setup tho... I've got to tidy up the cables as I've my smart TV, laptop, Xbox, ethernet cables and usb hub all criss crossing each other lol
  9. H

Hi, not sure if I'm being silly with settings... But the performance of the A10h is nothing close to what I thought it would be. Yeah it it's pretty silent at high volumes, but pairing with the he400se at H2 gain, I thought I'd deafen myself at full volume, but even though it's not at a level...
  10. H

For driving the he400se, is the JDS labs atom+ worth the extra £30? A10h £110, atom+ £140 in UK
  11. H

Been going back and fwd for a few days now trying to decide on a sub £150 amp for the 400se. I had it down to JDS Atom +, Sabaj A10h or the Topping L30. Then I read some good things about the FIIO K5 Pro ESS and thought it would give me an all in one solution as it has a DAC and gets good...
  12. H

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

This may be a silly question, but I'm looking at a few amps for my he400se and this is a good price. Thing is, I have the SMSL Sanskrit 10th II which has the exact same remote control. With this in mind, would the two remotes pair only to it's dedicated device or would it change the volume on...
  13. H

Hi, I'm looking for an AMP for my 400se too, but not wanting to spend over £150. What exactly about the A10h let you down?
  14. H

JDS Atom Amp+ Review (Headphone Amplifier)

Hmmm, surprised I missed the A10h, thought I saw all the SMSL amps. Looks decent, good price. I'll do some research on that one now. I'd be looking at second hand eBay UK for schiit amps, the Heresy don't turn up often, the Magni 3+ does, normally for £100ish. The Zen Can was my first choice...
  15. H

JDS Atom Amp+ Review (Headphone Amplifier)

Hey all, looking for a new desktop AMP to drive the Hifiman HE400se. My current setup is the SMSL Sanskrit 10th II DAC and an old but reliable cheap Music Fidelity AMP. I'm happy with the DAC, but looking for a more modern upgrade to the AMP. Looking to get the best possible neutral sound... If...
Top Bottom