Search results

1. AmalfiMan

What to do with Topping, FiiO, etc if war breaks out?

Its inevitable China will take Taiwan soon and USA won’t risk American soldiers lives and WW3 over it.
  2. AmalfiMan

What’s the next big thing you predict will happen with audio tech after 2022?

Will Samsung, Apple get into the Dac Amps tech? Will BLUETOOTH offer lossless?
  3. AmalfiMan

Do you mostly use CD/DVD or streaming for music?

What advantages are using CD or DVD over internet?
  4. AmalfiMan

Newbie that finally found a good dac/amp - Fiio K9 ESS

Finally got k9 to work…..need the supplied usb b cable. Testing with HD800S: Apple Music PC gaming Bluetooth on AppleTV4k Compared to Schiit heresy and Topping EX5. Overall just richer and amped sound (gain), especially on the BT. With the app EQ, it’s only for Bluetooth and does make a huge...
  5. AmalfiMan

What is best EQ tool on windows 11 for HD800s?

This new corsair gaming PC is my first time on a windows as I’m from macbooks. I’m struggling with downloading the APO EQ. It will not work at all. It says something about using a Text editor blah blah blah. Any recommendations for other EQ that is designed for DUMMIES like me? Doesn’t have...
  6. AmalfiMan

Delete

Delete
  7. AmalfiMan

Ports question - RCA vs USB vs Optical

I’m new to dac amps and born into a word of wifi, Bluetooth and wireless everywhere. I noticed there are RCA IN, USB B, USB C, Optical, Coaxial, Bluetooth. Do each of these have a different quality of sound? Let’s assume you have all the cables and adapters available, and there are multiple...
  8. AmalfiMan

Chinese vs German engineering

Updated: It appears folks are upset for mentioning this topic so consider this post deleted.
  9. AmalfiMan

[advice] Apple Airplay on dac/amp

Scenario: With the Topping EX5 dac/amp, I’m using its Bluetooth 5.0 to connect to my Apple TV4K to listen to netflix, hbo, youtube etc. Using a Sennheiser HD800s and overall it sounds good enough. I understand it doesn’t have Dolby Atmos. FYI: the hd800s is hella comfortable and boosts my...
  10. AmalfiMan

Is it me or does Apple Music sound better on a macbook than iPhone?

Headphone HD800s directly connected to stereo port on macbook pro 2021. Vs, directly connected via the apple stereo dongle into iPhone 11 pro. Is it because macbooks have bigger drivers, better amp? Would this cute portable amp help the iPhone sound better, on a HD800s? Fosi Audio N2...
  11. AmalfiMan

This $850 Fiio K9pro has a built in EQ, through the app. How does it sound better than a cheaper dac/amp?

The review claims this has better sound for HD800s headphones. Better than RME ADI-2fs. It also has an EQ in the phone app. What tech causes sound in a dac/amp to be better? Is this an example of snake oil? Review: FiiO K9Pro Amplifier Headphone Amps Bluetooth High Resolution Desktop...
  12. AmalfiMan

EQ for Apple Music on iPhone…with HD800s

I plug the HD800s into the iPhone via a 6.3mm / 3.5mm adapter into the white $8 apple dongle. The sound seems less clear, compared to my Bluetooth AirPod Max. The iPhone EQ are preset to genre. And I cannot jail break it. Would a $1300 RME ADI dac amp with the built EQ help? Any other...
  13. AmalfiMan

The $350 Topping EX5 dac/amp - is there anything else better for HD800s?

Sound is great on this EX5 for $350. Out of curiosity, what other Dac/Amps or amp would be better for a few hundred more? My pc motherboard offers a clean signal so I don’t need a Dac. I know little about amps. What else am I missing? Here are the must have features: -Bluetooth for...
  14. AmalfiMan

Sennheiser HD800s, for PC gaming and Apple TV.....

Works great for apple tv via Bluetooth on Topping EX5 dac/amp combo. HD800s is lightweight comfort and good sound quality to hear the game better.
  15. AmalfiMan

Confirming the Schiit Magni Heresy can power the HD800S headphone with clean loud sound using mobo MSI Z690 DDR5

For anyone curious if the HD800s can be powered by the entry level Schiit amp. My motherboard is the newer MSI Z690 DDR5, with no noise for dac. The magni sounded the same as the Topping EX5 dac/amp combo.
  16. AmalfiMan

How to connect HD800s headphones for my AppleTV 4K Dolby Atmos?

I been searching through previous posts and couldn't find any info on how to best use my HD800s headphones, to listen to content from my apple device (ATV4K). I was hoping to take advantage of the Dolby Atmos now available on ATV4K to watch netflix, HBO. --The ATV4K has only 1 HDMI port. --The...
  17. AmalfiMan

As of June 3rd 2022, MQA appears in many dacs. Should I pay extra for this feature?

Many of the dacs mentioned and recommended within the past year are no longer available on amazon. Example the Schiit Hel 2. Or JDS Atom. What appears to be available now are some advertised with MQA, but prices go up $60-100. The Topping EX5 is $350, with MQA. The SMSL is $250, without...
  18. AmalfiMan

HD800s and Topping EX5 not producing sound from PC - is my setup wrong?

Hello - I’m new to dac/amps and I really need your help. The HD800s just arrived today and it’s connected vis the 6.3mm plug to the front of the Topping ex5 dac/amp combo. From the back of the dac/amp, the USB port is connected to a 2022 build PC’s MSI mobo USB port. The ex5 is powered by...
  19. AmalfiMan

I just realized I been fooled by "Gaming headset" companies, after trying the $160 Sennheiser PC38x

For years, I been using wireless Astro A50, SteelSeries, Turtle Beach, Razer on the PS4/5 platform. They sounded fine to me as that's all I knew. One day, I bought the PC38x (open back, wired). It sounds so natural and more open. I feel I wasted half my life on those now awful artificially...
  20. AmalfiMan

Why do most Dac Amps still use the same RCA ports from the VCR era?

I found a dac/amp with a USB-C port which makes it convenient as I already have spares from mobile and other devices. Any actual performance benefits with using USB-c?
Top Bottom