Search results

1. AmalfiMan

Good HiFi from China and Taiwan?

German engineering will always be superior. China won’t be around much longer so I wouldn’t invest in them yet.
  2. AmalfiMan

Dolby Atmos Music

What does above comment mean?
  3. AmalfiMan

What to do with Topping, FiiO, etc if war breaks out?

Its inevitable China will take Taiwan soon and USA won’t risk American soldiers lives and WW3 over it.
  4. AmalfiMan

Amplifier for HD800S

I tested the Fiio k9 which had an EQ for Bluetooth. It made an improved difference for theses headphones. For pc gaming, the windows 11 sonic sound helps also.
  5. AmalfiMan

Need simple wireless mouse w/no extra buttons

I switched from mouse to trackpad. Better to reduce straining (carpal tunnel). For excel its faster with trackpad anyway.
  6. AmalfiMan

All Aboard the FiiO K9 Pro Hype Train

The support site actually mentions to use their supplied cable.
  7. AmalfiMan

Netflix starts using new Ambeo spatial audio tech from Sennheiser

AMBEO 2-Channel Spatial Audio is not another mix. Instead, it is created from open, industry-standard deliverables, like ADM or IAB files. The renderer easily fits into standard encoding pipelines. It outputs a standard two-channel audio file that can be delivered as a drop-in replacement for...
  8. AmalfiMan

Newbie question

US Govt. https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/07/14/britain-boris-johnson-china-will-use-huawei-to-spy-because-so-would-you/
  9. AmalfiMan

Newbie question

Didn’t we ban hauwei from USA? Now they selling cars with gps and listening devices in cars.
  10. AmalfiMan

Newbie question

What is polestar?
  11. AmalfiMan

What’s the next big thing you predict will happen with audio tech after 2022?

Airpod max is a bomb because it’s uncomfortable. This new apple better be as comfortable as the HD800S otherwise people will pass.
  12. AmalfiMan

What’s the next big thing you predict will happen with audio tech after 2022?

Will Samsung, Apple get into the Dac Amps tech? Will BLUETOOTH offer lossless?
  13. AmalfiMan

Do you mostly use CD/DVD or streaming for music?

LOL. I don’t know what ripped cd means. I never seen a CD before. Are those still be sold?
  14. AmalfiMan

What is best EQ tool on windows 11 for HD800s?

Didn’t think of using Bluetooth on PC and macbook/iphone. Will try it. Shiit, less cables the better actually. I’m already in trouble for that. Especially the HD800 cable. Lol
  15. AmalfiMan

Do you mostly use CD/DVD or streaming for music?

What advantages are using CD or DVD over internet?
  16. AmalfiMan

Got it. I game 3 hours a day on workdays and 10 on weekends. I rarely listen to music on headphones since streaming content is bountiful. At late night i use headphones for streaming content since I have Dolby atmos speakers which is loud and if the spatial dome effect freaks out my dogs. I...
  17. AmalfiMan

Ok thanks. Holy shit, i just learned about parameteic vs graphic vs tone equalizers. LOL. Just when I thought I got what I need. So basically this $80 parametric device is needed? It looks huge and my wife is gonna kill me for adding another device on the sofa end table. Now I see why folks...
  18. AmalfiMan

I use 4 different EQ tools. On pc, i use fxsound for gaming where I found a good EQ profile. For macbook and iphone, I use their own built in eq. This is where I need to change the EQ profile for some songs. For Bluetooth with AppleTV4k, i use the fiio phone app eq as their eq is only for...
  19. AmalfiMan

Interesting thx. I noticed some songs sound awful when using the preset of dance or rock. But was better with Pop.
  20. AmalfiMan

Since the FXSound was so easy to install and up and running within 2 minutes, I’m not motivated to mess with Apo. I’m spoiled with Macbooks, no fussy experience.
Top Bottom