Search results

1. D

SMSL DO400 Fully Balanced Audio Decoder & Headphone Amplifier

Compressed doesn't mean lossless or lossy. It just means compressed. Bluetooth is lossy so no, the file wouldn't be 'the same'. You would want to connect some kind of streamer for that instead.
  2. D

SMSL DO400 Fully Balanced Audio Decoder & Headphone Amplifier

Is this the best value right now? Struggling between this, the Loxjie D40 Pro, Fiio K9 and the Topping DX5.
  3. D

FiiO SP3 - Review & Measurements by Erin

Thanks! The T1's are too big but I love the size comparison they give for the Transparent Zero Plus: Too bad they only come in black and they're wood rather than aluminium. And they're not cheap, 50% over budget.
  4. D

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

Out of the last 10 pages this is the only one that I think actually looks like a statement piece.
  5. D

FiiO SP3 - Review & Measurements by Erin

Ahhh, I'm sad to hear these measure so poorly. I'm really looking for some powered desktop speakers with a small form factor and these look fantastic in white. I have no idea what good alternatives are as most other options in this price range are pretty mediocre too but I don't want to up the...
  6. D

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Interesting IEMs, I like their neuteality. I'm curious if there any low to medium budget headphones with a similar tuning. It would be great to have a reference unit around. HD600's?
  7. D

Another obligatory "What Headphone DAC/Amp Should I Buy?" thread

I think I should have phrased my question a bit better. Assuming that a DAC and amp have different components and that better or more poweful amps and more precise DACs generally take up more space, is there a penalty to using a dac that also has an integrated amplifier as opposed to using just...
  8. D

Thanks for this! Going over the spec sheet on the A90D I did notice that I need to use a DAC with balanced outputs. A question is: would I be alright with a Dac/Amp combo? The Topping EX5 is pretty affordable nowadays and features balanced outputs for the A90D, measures, a remote and good...
  9. D

I think the A90 Discrete may be the ticket. I've seen some listings for around 280-300. Not too sure how good the QC on it is though, and if it's smart buying one used as I did hear some reports about bricking during firmware updates. Then it's just a matter of choosing a DAC to pair it with...
  10. D

Ah I think I misread the graph. I assumed the line went from left to right and was 'flat' due to being protection limited all the way.
  11. D

Thanks for the reply. What makes you keep getting rid (but then keep rebuying) the HE6SE? I'm no stranger to rotating gear around in a given hobby but I'm always curious to hear the motivation. I'll consider the DL200, it looks good. They also seem to have released the DL300 too. The Sabaj...
  12. D

This is silly but I checked out the A90D too which I could grab for this price range possibly. Am I correct in assuming this can't drive the Nan-7 with its 14Ω because it will drop into protection mode or did I misunderstand Amir's graph?
  13. D

Hi all, I'm getting the Nan-7's that Amir just reviewed and looking for a nice setup to support it. Currently just have the Fiio BTR7 to drive some IEM's and looking for a good desktop setup with some headroom that can support future headphones like the HE6se V2 and older Audezes. I'm looking...
  14. D

Are ASR members headphone or loudspeaker users?

Well, nothing that bad luckily.
  15. D

I'm just a private person in general, I like to keep my true preferences, intentions and ideas to myself. It doesn't really matter, since this is simply based on perceived and ultimate very mundane experiences in the past that shaped that feeling. Parents telling me the music of their generation...
  16. D

80-90% headphone user. I only use my Linton 85's on Sunday morning with the wife (her music), for entertaining guests or when I'm maybe home alone, and then its pretty low volume. And of course for shows and movies but I'm not counting that. The reason for me is that I'm quite embarrassed...
  17. D

Nan-7 Planar Magnetic Headphone Review

That's alright! You helped plenty and I didn't even know the EF500 and EF499. Besides, I think I need to manage my expectations. After a night of noob research perusing the forum I now understand that since the BTR7 can run the Nan-7's at loud enough levels then buying a more powerful amp won't...
  18. D

I'm open to suggestions. Around this range I also found the xDuoo TA-22. It seems like it's a well regarded hybrid tube amp, that might inject a little 'spice'. What did you end up using it with to make it less dry? EDIT: I'm also seeing an open box EF400 for $300.
  19. D

Rumbly sub-bass is exactly what I'm after! I just wanted to make sure it's not the dac/amp. The BTR7 is nifty but it's a little portable thing after all, and these headphones aren't the most efficient. Do you notice any differences going from the portable ones to something more powerful like...
  20. D

Thanks for the quick response! Very insightful. I had the chance to listen to these headphones through the rental program and was very impressed with them but going by the other reviews I felt the bass was slightly anemic relative to what was described. I was using the Fiio BTR7 and wasn't...
Top Bottom