Search results

1. J

The Pineapple Thief – It Leads To This – Comparison Blu-ray stereo , 5.1, Dolby Atmos, Tidal MAX, CD. Is the blu-ray the new “audiophile” media?

Hello, I've just added the Qobuz and Amazon versions. The result is the same as the Tidal version. Enjoy listening Jeff
  2. J

The Pineapple Thief – It Leads To This – Comparison Blu-ray stereo , 5.1, Dolby Atmos, Tidal MAX, CD. Is the blu-ray the new “audiophile” media?

Hello, After albums such as "Abducting the Unicorn" and "Magnolia", The Pineapple Thief are back with their 15th album, "It Leads to This", featuring 8 songs. For this review, 5 versions are tested: Blu-ray with Stereo , 5.1 , Dolby Atmos , Tidal Max Flac and CD. The 4 waveforms below show...
  3. J

Norah Jones – Visions – first single – Running. Will it be a reference like "Come Away With Me"? (Stereo vs Dolby Atmos)

Thanks for the information, it's very interesting indeed. I'll take a closer look at the possibilities, as well as the multi-channel support.
  4. J

Norah Jones – Visions – first single – Running. Will it be a reference like "Come Away With Me"? (Stereo vs Dolby Atmos)

yes, it's not easy to reconcile the constraints between streaming services and Atmos playback on an amplifier. For Tidal At amazon Music, I use an Amazon Fire TV stick (I use 4k) which works very well.
  5. J

Paul Young – No Parlez - comparison between Blu-ray, CD, Streaming, including the Master of vinyl record

Hello, To celebrate the album’s 40th anniversary of Paul Young's "No Parlez" album, a special reissue has been announced, with a Blu-Ray audio edition offering an enriched listening experience, featuring the Master CD versions, the stereo remix, the 5.1 remix, the Dolby Atmos remix, and most...
  6. J

Tape vs Vinyl record vs digital - Nathan Davis "The Hip Walk"

Hello, I'm participating and replying to comments. My goal is simply to share and exchange on the tests I do, because I find that to get the most out of your system, you need to have the best possible edition of an album. I can't duplicate everything I write (it would take too long) but I try...
  7. J

Thank you. A small addition, on the tape used, there weren't the test signals found on a master tape, which is a pity because we can't guarantee that the qualibration is perfect. But it does allow us to make a first level comparison.
  8. J

Hello, It’s been a while since I wanted to add a test of an album including a magnetic tape in comparison with vinyl and a digital source. It’s done with this album, and I’d like to thank Julien for making it possible to carry out this test using his magnetic tape of the album and his Revox PR...
  9. J

Hello, After the test of the first single, here is the complete test of the album including the versions: Japanese SACD, black and colored vinyl, Tidal MAX and Amazn Dolby Atmos. Unfortunately, the album analysis confirms the results of the first track, even for the Japanese SACD! Find all...
  10. J

Dire Straits – On Every Street - Review, comparison between CDs, SACD MOFI, Vinyls. What’s wrong with the MOFI and Back To Black vinyl records?

Hello, “On Every Street” is the sixth and final studio album by the band Dire Straits, released on September 9, 1991. This album was released six years after the previous album, “Brothers in Arms”. “On Every Street” contains 12 tracks and was produced digitally. For this review, 8...
  11. J

Dolby Atmos comparison: Dolby Digital Plus vs TrueHD on "The Hurting" album

Hello, After the full review of Tears for Fears' album "The Hunting", here's a focus on the comparison of the two Dolby Atmos versions: the streaming version offered in Dolby Digital Plus and the Blu-ray version offered in Dolby Digital TrueHD. Dolby Digital Plus is a lossy compression...
  12. J

Mark Knopfler – One Deep River – First single – Ahead Of The Game : comparison between Hi-Rez 24-192 and Dolby Atmos

Hello, Mark Knopfler will release his tenth solo studio album “One Deep River” on April 12, 2024, this new album will contain 12 songs, of which the first single “Ahead Of The Game” is already available. After testing the first single from Norah Jones' "Visions" album a week ago, I was afraid...
  13. J

Hello, After her Christmas album “I Dream of Christmas”, released in 2021, Norah Jones is back with a new album, “Visions”, due for release on March 8. It will feature 12 tracks, including “Running”, which is already available for streaming. We can’t forget her debut album “Come Away With...
  14. J

Beatles - Now and Then

Here's the comparison with the other versions, despite a DR7 vs DR5, we find the same waveform, far from the Dolby Atmos 2.0 version.
  15. J

Beatles - Now and Then

The youtube version is also dynamically compressed like the other stereo digital versions.
  16. J

Beatles - Now and Then

Hello, The release of a new song in particular for a group as well-known as the Beatles is always an event. "Now and then" was composed by John Lennon in 1978, and finalized by Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr in 2023. All this was made possible by the AI used to produce the track. So the...
Top Bottom