Search results

1. I

KEF LS50 Meta vs Klipsch RP-600M II?

Update: I decided to not get either. Klipsch was just physically too big for my setup, and the Metas didn't have enough meat in the sound for me, even with a subwoofer (SVS 3000 Micro). I ended up going for Buchardt S400 MKII as the fronts and old Klipsch bookshelf as the surrounds, and I...
  2. I

Wharfedale Linton Heritage vs KEF R3 vs Buchardt S400 vs Klipsch Heresy IV?

I have the Buchardts set up in a separate room, just so that I can be sure that it's not me 'getting used' to the sound of the Buchardts, but actually something happening in the speakers. It's actually something that I'd love to investigate. A lot of the tests didn't seem all that controlled...
  3. I

Initially I wasn't all that impressed with the S400 MKII compared to the sound of the LS50 Meta, and I was ready to pack them up and send them back. However, Buchardt said (and as the included manual specifically states) that the speakers requires minimum 100 hrs to max 300 hrs of burn in time...
  4. I

Thanks for your input! I ended up narrowing down my options to LS50 Meta or Buchardt S400 MKII. Heresy, Lintons and R3 were just simply too big for my space layout. Testing both speakers out as we speak and probably will make my decision soon :)
  5. I

AVR vs Integrated stereo amplifier for KEF LS50 Meta?

Thank you for your input! I already placed an order I agree with both of you. After looking at myriads of reviews everywhere, I actually took some time to test out bunch of options personally. While I could sometimes hear subtle differences, they weren't worth spending hundreds or more for an...
  6. I

AVR vs Integrated stereo amplifier for KEF LS50 Meta?

Hello, I have a pair of KEF LS50 Meta and am currently powering the speakers with my Yamaha TSR-700 AVR (rated at 100WPC @ 8 Ohms). While I think the sound coming out of the speakers already sound pretty great, I was wondering if a dedicated stereo amp could make it sound even better. If they...
  7. I

I basically listen to everything except heavy metal and mostly at low to mid volume (I live in an apartment and I try to be considerate to my neighbors).
  8. I

Does anyone have experience with both speakers? If so, could you share your thoughts on how they compare? I was also looking at an open box Wharfedale Linton Heritage for $1200, but they seem to be quite large for my set up, so I'm trying to decide between KEF LS50 Meta and RP-600M II. I...
  9. I

Ok, I narrowed my choices down to these three speakers. They are all in open box conditions, and the prices for them are: Wharfedale Linton: $1260 KEF R3: $1300 Buchardt: $930 Klipsch Heresy iv: $1700 My room is around 300 sq ft and I'm planning on pairing the speakers with the Yamaha TSR-700...
  10. I

Focal Aria S906 vs KEF LS50 Meta

If I can get either of the speakers for 500 euros a pair, I'd just go with that, but the price here is at least 2x and now I'm not too sure which option I should go with..
  11. I

For a single speaker? Even crazier.. Considering that there is a seller from Germany on eBay that's selling a new pair for ~$1000, the markup in the US is just insane.
  12. I

Oh wow lol... I had no idea the price difference was that crazy. I'll probably hold off on the Focals until I get a chance to go to France at some point. Thanks for letting me know! I'm getting a feeling from everyone commenting that KEF LS50 Metas (+ a compact sub) are the way to go in my...
  13. I

I did check online again to see if there are better deals, but generally the new pair goes for $1100 + tax, which would end up being around $1200 total. I figured buying used would basically save me $200 which I could put towards something else. It's weird how vendors like Adorama sells it...
  14. I

Woops thanks for pointing that out. I've been looking at too many bookshelf speakers that I must've gotten the model number mixed up (probably with B&Ws) Why would you not consider Aria 906 for that price? Is it that bad for that price range? What do you think a fair price for it is? Do you...
  15. I

Thank you. Any recs for compact subwoofer under 300?
  16. I

Thank you for your comment. I've seen from various posts that Metas really lack bass while S906 could potentially be used without a sub. What's your take on it? Also, how would adding a sub change things?
  17. I

Hello everyone! I'm currently trying to decide between Focal Aria S906 ($1000) and KEF LS50 Meta ($1000). They are both used in mint condition. As for my living room home theater set up, I already have Sony's HT-A9 with SA5 subwoofer, so this would mostly go into my bedroom which is around...
Top Bottom