Search results

1. J

SMSL A300 Stereo Amplifier Review

The USB connector is type A (host). I don't think you can use it as USB digital input; at least not without a special host-to-host cable.
  2. J

SMSL M500 MKIII DAC & Amp Review

Thanks Amir for all your great and enlightening reviews. Question for you: are those headphone output power measurements for the balanced or the unbalanced output? I assume that the 4.4 mm output is balanced while the 6.35 mm is not. In this case the balanced output would deliver twice the...
  3. J

Driving headphones straight from DAC's line out

I actually measured the frequency response using REW and a calibrated microphone with a low impedance source and then with the DAC, and adjusted accordingly. Please note that my original setup wasn't a very low output impedance either. The equivalent output impedance was about 20Ω due to the...
  4. J

Driving headphones straight from DAC's line out

Hello everyone, This is my first post. I'd like to share my experience driving my Drop HD6XX headphones (nominal impedance 150Ω) straight from the line out of a Schiit Bifrost 4490 DAC (nominal output impedance 75Ω), using a custom built RCA to 3mm headphone jack adapter. The results might save...
Top Bottom