Search results

1. P

New Dayton Audio Orion Kit

Dayton Audio is now offering a 3-way coaxial kit with an open-back midrange. These look interesting. Orion In the manual, they suggest two different alignments for the midrange, one where it is left open-back, and one where the rear chamber is filled with acousta-stuf. It would be cool to see...
  2. P

DIY inspired Buchardt S400 – Crossover design

You can make quasi-anechoic measurements in-room using the method outlined in this thread. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/how-to-make-quasi-anechoic-speaker-measurements-spinoramas-with-rew-and-vituixcad.21860/ For measurements, the only advantage to measuring at...
  3. P

CTC and the CEA2034 spec

Are you saying that the wavelength at the crossover frequency is 1.2-1.4x the ctc spacing? What ctc spacing are you using in that vcad sim?
  4. P

Revel M105 Copy DIY build

Active is certainly better overall. I was just noting that this is one particular advantage that passive has over active. The optimal setup might be an active setup that also has passive series notch filters to tame breakup-induced distortion.
  5. P

Revel M105 Copy DIY build

It seems like this is an inherent advantage to using passive crossovers over active crossovers. I've never considered this.
  6. P

Making use of some old cabinets (DIY build)

So my dad had some Klipsch KG 1.5s lying around. I hooked them up and had a listen. They were pretty bad. I took some gated on-axis measurements and they were... well as bad as I expected based on how they sounded. But this was a blessing in disguise for me. I love engineering and building DIY...
Top Bottom