Search results

1. dosifey

Question for Presonus R80v2 owners - how to turn engergy saving mode on?

Hi, So Presonus R80v2 should have a sleep mode (energy saving mode) same as v1, where it goes to auto standby if there is no signal to it for some time. With v1 one needed to turn it on first with a combination of buttons. With this one the manual does not mention about turning it on, so I...
  2. dosifey

Presonus R80v2 vs Eris E8XT

Hi, Could someone point out the differences between R80v2 and Eris E8XT? It seems that Eris may be a little bit more neutral while R80 a bit more premium?
  3. dosifey

Focal Shape Twin vs ADAM A8V vs Dynaudio LYD 7 vs HEDD Type 07

Hi, My default choice right now is the Focal Shape Twin, however, others might be better choices? I like the fact that I am able to move around with Shapes. Priority is clear and neutral sound, to be used with a subwoofer eventually. There is not a lot of info and measurements about most of...
  4. dosifey

I am choosing nearfields: Presonus R80v2, Adam A7V or HEDD Type 07?

Hello dear friends! I need nearfield monitors for work with a sub (I do not have it yet, will buy later). The priority is a clear and detailed neutral sound to listen to classical music. Presonus R80 - I like the price and that they are fully analogue. BUT - I had the first series and vynil...
  5. dosifey

Is using a mini air blower for cleaning speakers a good idea?

I have a lot of dust on my speakers, it is ecspecially a problem on AMT modules, as it is unsafe to clean them with a brush. Is using a mini blower like this a good idea? https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B0B7LMDQ3F Or is it risky and may cause problems? Thanks
  6. dosifey

Best Android TV player for USB audio output for Nvidia Shield?

Hi, I am utilising Nvidia Shield USB Audio output. I am a big Kodi fan, as evertyhing works perfectly there from UI perspective: no need to sideload, it is very easy and quick to control it via remote, it plays my movies, music and even family photos and videos, it uses album art correctly and...
  7. dosifey

What happens if DAC recieves a High Res signal it is unable to process?..

I have HEDD Type 07 MK2, they have a basic in built 24/96 DAC. I direct a digital signal to this DAC. If the signal resolution is 24/192 I get distortion of the sound (sounds like clicking). If it is 24/384 it freezes the player with no sound being produced. If the signal is the standard 16/44...
  8. dosifey

Advanced DDC (USB Bridge) and DAC list which support AES/EBU output.

Theoretically, one could use an SPDIF coax output with a converter cable (Coax to XLR) to plug into AES. But there are some limitations and it not always works. I will try to gather here all of the devices that I could find that could act as a good USB bridge with as many different digital...
  9. dosifey

AES cable building, confused

This seems to be a good article, but a bit confusing. It only has schemes and no photos or videos, so a just a bit confusing. https://www.ranecommercial.com/kb_article.php?article=2107 Can someone explain what is the difference please? There are no photos so a bit hard to understand. Is...
Top Bottom