Search results

1. dosifey

Best Android TV player for USB audio output for Nvidia Shield?

I think the easiest way to resolve it is just to use a micro tower PC in place of a Shield and run your media players on Windows. Then there are plenty of options and flexibility. I regularly want to replace my Shield with that and give it a go.
  2. dosifey

Best Measuring USB to AES Interface

Matrix X SPDIF is great, I believe, they have 2 or 3 generations now. Looks great, is USB powered and have decent specs. Motu 8D looks sexy but is a bit expensive and RME is a bit of an overkill for most. I use Matrix for my HEDD Type 07 MK2 which have an AES EBU input.
  3. dosifey

I am choosing nearfields: Presonus R80v2, Adam A7V or HEDD Type 07?

Good to know and sways my decision in favour of them a little bit. But on the other hand, don't want the monitors which are "good for the price". Their price is very tempting but don't want to buy them, then become dissapointed and bother with reselling them and buying new ones again...
  4. dosifey

I have given up on trying to find the alternative and simply wait until I can buy another pair of HEDDs (they are currently not available in Australia). I checked all options that you provided and I was able to find ESi Unik 08+ for about 1/3 of the HEDDs price. I am unsure of the quality and...
  5. dosifey

USB to AES/EBU: the solution?

What makes is "the best" solution? Also, all I see is just some photo in tweeter - no info on tech characteristics or where to buy and how much it costs.
  6. dosifey

Nvidia Shield on Android 11

Oh yes, just as I said earlier - that is only applicable to the HDMI sound, not USB audio.
  7. dosifey

Which setting? Where?
  8. dosifey

Kodi player allows some control over sampling rate but only via HDMI, not via USB.
  9. dosifey

I do not think this problem has a solution but I will ask anyway: Is there any way for USB audio (from both audio and video files) playback via adnroid without down or up sampling of the signal? There are some audio players (UAPP, Onkyo, Hiby, Poweramp) which bypass the original Android USB...
  10. dosifey

Question for Presonus R80v2 owners - how to turn engergy saving mode on?

But the most frustrating part is that I tend to trust the manuals. So initially I just thought that the energy saving mode is smooth that you do not notice it. How many customers think they only waste 0.5W when idle? It almost looks like a fraud on Presonus side.
  11. dosifey

Yes, very frustrating. I invested lots of time and effort into this purchase. Now back to square one.
  12. dosifey

Oh I will just be returning R80v2. No smart power strip works fully automatically (like an auto standby mode in other monitors).
  13. dosifey

Been there, done that. Presonus confirmed there is a mistake in the manual, this is incorrect. They are changing it soon. Pretty slack if you ask me...
  14. dosifey

How much is an idle consumption of the 140W AB (Toroidal Transformer) AMP? Presonus advised it is 1 amp = 120W. Which is ridiculously high compared to about 7% of the full power for a D amp (ADAM A7V draws about 10W when idle). If it is correct than this amp is really not designed to be idle at...
  15. dosifey

Ok, I will answer my own question for anyone interested: they removed the energy saving feature in V2.
  16. dosifey

Hi, So Presonus R80v2 should have a sleep mode (energy saving mode) same as v1, where it goes to auto standby if there is no signal to it for some time. With v1 one needed to turn it on first with a combination of buttons. With this one the manual does not mention about turning it on, so I...
  17. dosifey

I see. I just thought maybe I missed some option. No, I do not remeber any hissing, but I also have to say that I am changing my mentality more from a fetishism and obsession over gear to "it is just a tool" attitude. So, a slight hiss when it is not under load will not bother me... There...
  18. dosifey

In Australia. I am guessing, you are from the USA? Generally speaking, if you have a recurring problem with your electronics within warranty period as per legislation you have the right for a refund. I was happy to get a refund, but was not able to find a good replacement for it, unfortunately...
  19. dosifey

Presonus R80v2 vs Eris E8XT

Sure but I was just doubting myself a bit. So do I read it right that IXBT shows better readings for R80v2? OR am I just misreading the graphs?
Top Bottom