Search results

1. B

Center Channel Help - 8in depth constraint - struggling to find a contender

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. I do not have that luxury. I need to make this environment work and I'm pretty confident it's possible with slim (see what I did there) expectations. I'm not interested in phantom center, although I have my eye on some strong 2 and 3-way floor standers...
  2. B

Center Channel Help - 8in depth constraint - struggling to find a contender

We're getting ready to kick-off a major kitchen remodel and also replacing our flooring. As part of all this, we're looking to make some other updates including potentially replacing our 5.1 speaker system. Unfortunately, I'm bound by a serious space constraint for my center channel. I've only...
  3. B

Your Desktop Audio Setup?

New setup, with thanks to this forum. Topping DX3Pro+ & PA3s with Emotiva B1+ and SE8 sub. Perfect (affordable) 2.1 desktop setup for small office.
  4. B

Desktop "rack"....

+1 for the Topping acrylic rack. Just received mine (took about 2 weeks from Apos). Very pleased with it. What should I buy to put on the top rack?!
  5. B

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

Have had a few days with my new DX3Pro+ and PA3s combo for a 2.1 desktop setup in small office. Loving it and sounds fantastic. Paired with Emotiva B1+ and SE8 subwoofer. Leveraging SE8's bass management, which is sitting between the DX3Pro+ and the PA3s. Now just waiting on the Topping acrylic...
  6. B

Topping DX3Pro+ and PA3s - flashing blue light on "BAL"

/EDIT - Sorry, I'm a goof. I figured it out. I had a loose speaker wire that came loose while I was putting everything in its place. Was shorting pos to neg on right channel. Wow, what a combo. Super impressed. Coming from SMSL SA300 + D10S. Able to correctly take advantage of Emotiva SE8 bass...
  7. B

Could use some guidance please - PC, Topping D10S, SMSL SA300 + Emotiva

So changing this up a bit... I just ordered up a Topping DX3Pro+ DAC/Amp and a Topping PA3s amplifier. As I understand it, I'll be able to connect as follows: PC USB --> DX3Pro+ --> RCA in on SE8 Sub --> RCA out on SE8 Sub --> PA3s RCA in All I should have to do is gain match the amp and the...
  8. B

So that setup works, but there is no HPF for the mains. Probably over-thinking it, but HPF to the mains would be nice to have for louder volumes for sure and would have to think it would make it so the amp didn't have to work as hard. "Super Bass" is just a EQ filter curve I'm pretty sure. I'll...
  9. B

Thanks Matt. Yes, SE8 sub has RCA line level inputs (as well as single-end LFE, but then also has a pair of RCA outputs with an active HPF, selectable at 60, 80 or 100Hz. Pretty unique as I understand it. At any rate, I’ll give your suggestion a shot and report back. I was simply trying to...
  10. B

Thanks for the replies. Matt, I thought about connecting this way out of the gate, but if I do so, I lose bass management of SE8 and am unable to use HPF to the B1+ speakers. Maybe not a huge deal and I can certainly try it, but was hoping to leverage this functionality for higher listening...
  11. B

I've been reading some more and also playing around with the setup. It appears I can only achieve variable volume control from the subwoofer if I use windows to control the volume. If I'm correct, this means I have to "gain match" the SMSL (B1+'s) and the subwoofer gain so that it "sounds good"...
  12. B

Hi gang. I've been searching and reading the forum for answers on "where to control volume", but am still struggling a bit with volume control on my new setup and I think the wildcard is my new subwoofer and how I'm cabling for bass management. Looking for some best practices here. New Windows...
Top Bottom