Search results

1. Jimmi

Onkyo TX-RZ620 - bluetooth and airplay not playing?

That's weird, I'm not sure how mine stopped then started working as I posted above. Maybe disconnect from power for a few minutes? It should work. Keep trying, just be sure the volume is lowered as the device volume increases it more than turning the volume knob. I hope it works for you.
  2. Jimmi

FYI - you don't have to do anything on the receiver. For example, I had mine on the blu ray input. Once you select Airplay it just goes goes to the receiver.
  3. Jimmi

I think if you just use Airplay it would work. Select the receiver under the sound icon (instead of macbook speakers). Let us know if it works.
  4. Jimmi

I got it to work in case anyone is wondering.
  5. Jimmi

Hi, hope someone can help with this. I am trying to play music from my macbook using either bluetooth or airplay. The receiver displays the macbook, but does not play. I tried this with my phone and it also doesn't work. All firmware is updated, etc. I played before but I am not sure why it is...
  6. Jimmi

Older Onkyo vs new Onkyo or other receiver - sound quality

So some closing thoughts: the Onkyo RZ-620 is a great find for $250. Plenty of power for me, Zone 2 is also powered, vinyl sounds great using my own phono preamp. Much better bass management than my old Onkyo TX-DS595. Atmos is a nice touch, I have front height speakers and really ads to the...
  7. Jimmi

So I found a used Onkyo TX-RZ620, hooked up my extra speakers for height and it sounds great. Still experimenting with crossover settings but it's nice to actually see the settings on the screen. Vinyl is sounding good, but I need to experiment more. One thing that I was used to with the old...
  8. Jimmi

Thanks, great info! Maybe I will get something similar to what I have now, even a used 7.1 as my current 5.1 works for me with A and B together. I know some purists will be shocked at using two pairs silmultaneously, but in my set up, it sounds great and the speakers compliment each other.
  9. Jimmi

While the Denon 3700 looks great, I'm thinking the Onkyo NR1700 might suit my needs, $500 cheaper. Seems to get ok reviews, also upscales for a future projector upgrade https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09B4J31J5/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_3?smid=A1J7WSBJHTGUFA&psc=1...
  10. Jimmi

Denon AVR-X3700H AVR Review

So you can listen to both "zones" like A and B speakers at the same time?
  11. Jimmi

Denon AVR-X3700H AVR Review

I am understanding that you can have a 5.1.2 and Zone 2 - and listen to the same source on both Zone 1 and Zone 2 simultaneously?
  12. Jimmi

Some say the Marantz above isn't that great for music. But if you add a power amp for mains, would you say that would be improved?
  13. Jimmi

Another question: if power amp for mains, the receiver would send most watts to center, surrounds, and height speakers? For example, something like this paired with a power amp? https://www.crutchfield.com/p_642NR1711/Marantz-NR1711.html
  14. Jimmi

If you use a power amp for mains, would Audessey or Dirac still be useful?
  15. Jimmi

If I can both zones silmultaneously that would be similar to A/B. Anyone do this? I do realize Onkyo kind of went belly-up. If their products are good the hope is once purchased it will last many years.
  16. Jimmi

I am interested in Dirac too, although not sure how much effect it will have as my room is pretty well-treated. Maybe some bass management would help. The Denon 3700 might be a bit much for me as I use the receiver for HT, vinyl, and the occasional CD. For example, the Onkyo 7100 can do the same...
  17. Jimmi

Thanks all, really great advice. Still wondering about Onkyo, as for some reason I have an illogical affinity to them. I also am looking at the Denon and Yamaha. Seems like the Denon 3700 may be the winner, although I am curious about Yamaha. All I need is 5.1.2 (with 2 height speakers) and the...
  18. Jimmi

Great forum! Here's a question I have not been able to answer in other forums: I have a TX-DS595. It's around 22 years old. It's about 70 watts. For my purposes, it sounds great. It powers Acoustic Research Hi-res Series AR11, AR17, and AR2C, and a Monster SL100 sub. I also have older AR-5s...
  19. Jimmi

Can Dirac overcome the Onkyo RZ50 shortcomings? X3700H instead?

I'm late to the party but fascinating discussion
Top Bottom